A few photo updates

mgman

Well, I finally stole my gf's camera and on the way to meet her for dinner took a couple of shots. I was in a hurry because I had to go meet her so it is not much but the simple fact that I actually managed to get any is a big improvement for me. Hopefully it will give you an idea on these nearly finished projects and hopefully I will get more.

The B-school actually looks pretty good from the grad library. It does not look that great from the street. Those orange panels are ugly and sadly I think they are putting them on the art museum as well.

P1020362.jpg

Mo-Jo. Looks pretty fancy, so much better than I had while at college

P1020365.jpg

My favorite and the impetus to actually take a picture. I was surprised by this and I am happy, those windows are great.

P1020358.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the appearance of the new dining hall, but the hill looks way too crowded. I liked being able to see the back of MoJo with all those trees. The walk along Palmer field was nice uninterrupted. Also this is such a crush on dorm culture. Just another step for the university to make huge cuts by consolidating its food services. It's intimidating at the very least. I honestly think the U made a really horrible decision. So glad I left the dorms when things were good. I had my goodbye meal at Couzens Hall the other day, despite being out of the dorms for 2 years now.

A+ on the University Hall addition. At night, the light plays well on the concrete.

Love the form of the B School, horrible looking exterior though. Imagine if it was brick or stone. It would look wicked!

• 3 weeks later...
I like the appearance of the new dining hall, but the hill looks way too crowded. I liked being able to see the back of MoJo with all those trees. The walk along Palmer field was nice uninterrupted. Also this is such a crush on dorm culture. Just another step for the university to make huge cuts by consolidating its food services. It's intimidating at the very least. I honestly think the U made a really horrible decision. So glad I left the dorms when things were good. I had my goodbye meal at Couzens Hall the other day, despite being out of the dorms for 2 years now.

A+ on the University Hall addition. At night, the light plays well on the concrete.

Love the form of the B School, horrible looking exterior though. Imagine if it was brick or stone. It would look wicked!

• 4 weeks later...

I know it seems like I'm hounding this new dining hall, but has anybody been past there lately to see exactly how treeless this area is now? There used to be all these beautiful old mature trees surrounding Palmer Field, but this project regraded the terrain almost entirely requiring all the trees get cut down. I don't know. I suppose the landscaping could be really nice, but it's going to take at least 40 years for those nice shaded areas to grow back. The footprint of the new structure wasn't all that big, but the approaches wiped out everything with 100' feet.

I know it seems like I'm hounding this new dining hall, but has anybody been past there lately to see exactly how treeless this area is now? There used to be all these beautiful old mature trees surrounding Palmer Field, but this project regraded the terrain almost entirely requiring all the trees get cut down. I don't know. I suppose the landscaping could be really nice, but it's going to take at least 40 years for those nice shaded areas to grow back. The footprint of the new structure wasn't all that big, but the approaches wiped out everything with 100' feet.

Archived