Downtown Nissan Moving to Metro Center

smeagolsfree

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a realestate developer, whether it be condo or apartments, does not acquire the property, nor a corporation... I hope a family attraction, such as an acquarium or just a family center as the one in Atlanta, would be a good thing for downtown Nashville... Maybe even an ESPN Zone haha

Smeagolsfree,

Got your call about the Nissan move. It's big news.

As to what eventually goes on that site, it might depend, in part, on the status of WES and the proposed Eakin Partners/Corner Realthy project proposed for 12th and Demonbreun. If those two projects (which would include four large buildings total) happen, the focus and energy on that general part of the the city will be quite impressive.

ESU/WW

It's not quite an acre. I am thinking there is a good chance another auto deal may go in there. There is some reconfiguring/consolidation going on in town and I think there may be a play in the works on it. This is speculation on my part, but my understanding is it is under contract, just don't know who or for sure what the use is.

Smeagolsfree,

Got your call about the Nissan move. It's big news.

As to what eventually goes on that site, it might depend, in part, on the status of WES and the proposed Eakin Partners/Corner Realthy project proposed for 12th and Demonbreun. If those two projects (which would include four large buildings total) happen, the focus and energy on that general part of the the city will be quite impressive.

ESU/WW

I just got word that the Downtown Nissan (Hippodrome Nissan) is moving to Vantage Way in Metro Center. The sign is up and the land is being cleared.

My big question is what if anything will go in the old DT location?

That is something that William and I talked about. Richard may have a little more info into this subject. I remember the thread, and didn't know if it was still going to happen. At that time it was only talk, now the construction has began.

If one dealership leaves an area, then others may eventually follow. The trade off between land value and use will eventually force the issue.

• 7 months later...

Archived