PROPOSED: New RIPTA bus storage and maintenance facility

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone ever been inside RIPTA's main offices? They are disgusting and an embarassment. They REALLY need a new HQ, something that doesn't smell like KFC and doesn't have paint peeling in every office. The building they built a few years ago was a garage, their planning office is in the dumpy building next door.

I don't care if their offices do smell like KFC. Obviously it's what they are eating. How can they be spending money on a new headquarters? Are you F'ING kidding me? Please, like none of this money will be coming from the state. RI has one of the worst public transportation systems... A bus. Woo hoo. What are we in Arkansas? Instead of building new offices for its employees, it should be focusing on expanding its base. LIKE ADDING LIGHT RAIL OR STREET CARS. ONCE RIPTA HAS SATISIFED PROVIDENCE AND RHODE ISLAND THEN THEY SHOULD CONCENTRATE ON SATISFYING THEMSELVES. This state is such a joke.

I don't care if their offices do smell like KFC. Obviously it's what they are eating. How can they be spending money on a new headquarters? Are you F'ING kidding me? Please, like none of this money will be coming from the state. RI has one of the worst public transportation systems... A bus. Woo hoo. What are we in Arkansas? Instead of building new offices for its employees, it should be focusing on expanding its base. LIKE ADDING LIGHT RAIL OR STREET CARS. ONCE RIPTA HAS SATISIFED PROVIDENCE AND RHODE ISLAND THEN THEY SHOULD CONCENTRATE ON SATISFYING THEMSELVES. This state is such a joke.

It's hard to convince good workers to stay at a job where they can't concentrate on their work because the disrepair of their office is too distracting.

With really bad office conditions, employees leave, and it is that much harder to hire new talented people to work in miserable conditions.

If the RIPTA offices are as bad as Recchia says, then they need to be fixed. Decent, honest, working people deserve appropriate working conditions.

While I'm leary of the State's financial position, I think it's important for RIPTA to have the necessary infrastructure to support the existing service in the hopes of supporting future better/more service. Besides, we all pay federal taxes, why not use that money for RI, versus it paying for something in Iowa...

Archived