Bid Clerk Projects

smeagolsfree

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good finds, Ron.

I would have to agree with you that the first one is probably H2O.

The second one is certainly WES with condos, but I suspect the 19 stories is actually the height of the project without condos, not with condos.

The third one is, of course, WES without condos, and this confirms the suspicion that the project may not have the condo component. This is what I would suspect is the likely way WES will be built. I'm expecting a 19 story hotel and a 23 to 25 story office building as the most likely result. If he does build condos, look for the hotel / condo portion to be about 26 stories. This building would still be quite a bit shorter than the office building, because the hotel floors will on the order of 10-11 feet each while the office floors will be at least 13 ft each.

The rest of your comments I would have to agree with as well. I find it quite interesting and disappointing that the Opryland expansion is listed on hold. I had not heard that. Has there been an announcement?

I have not heard anything regarding the Opryland expansion or the new development on the other side of Briley. Guess they are watching their dollars like everyone else.

Well, it looks like despite no announcement, the Opryland Expansion project may be on hold. I guess that explains why there's been so little news about it of late. Maybe since the downtown Convention Center project is basically a "go", they've gotten cold feet.

Nice find. My guess would be that the top two are different, but that is just a guess. One is labled as a sub-bidding, while the other is in design. The rest look about right. I think the 5 story hotel might be the one on Broadway near Bristol on Broad.

update my comments, this is on the NC so perhaps they are both the WES

Intercontinental Hotel and Residences - Date Set for Rebid.

The Re-bid date (the first go-round was 10/25/2007) has been set for the Intercontinental Hotel and Residences. aka: the West End Summit.

According to a letter dated 4-16-08, addressed to 'All Bidders', from Aaron Wynn of Bovis Lend Lease, lnc. , the Project Manager for the project:

'...the bid date for the West End Summit Intercontinental Hotel and Residences is May 8th @2:00 P.M. CST.'

While I imagine only a few will be interested, here's the highlights of the design team:

Architects:

Cooper Carry & Associates Inc. - Atlanta

Duda Paine Architects - Durham, NC

Kendall/Heaton Associates - Houston, TX

Well, it looks like despite no announcement, the Opryland Expansion project may be on hold. I guess that explains why there's been so little news about it of late. Maybe since the downtown Convention Center project is basically a "go", they've gotten cold feet.

Nope they are just doing a little revamping to the plans. Everything should move ahead and break ground before the end of the year. Convention Center should break ground 1st quarter of 09.

• 2 years later...

I found this on BidClerk. Does anyone know what i might be?

Site work and new construction of a mixed-use development in Nashville. Completed working drawings call for the construction of a 286,793-square-foot mixed-use development to include hotel, bank, retail and restaurant space as well as a parking garag...

I found this on BidClerk. Does anyone know what i might be?

Site work and new construction of a mixed-use development in Nashville. Completed working drawings call for the construction of a 286,793-square-foot mixed-use development to include hotel, bank, retail and restaurant space as well as a parking garag...

That is probably the Marriot property next to the Hutton Hotel. The site has been cleared for about a year or more. The Lionstone Group project on the Roundabout off Music Row also fits the description.

SEC

Is this it?http://www.bidclerk.com/project.1278373.html

Financial, Hotel, Restaurant, Retail, Parking Garage, starting July 2010

Other interesting ones..

5 story, 62,000 sq ft hotel, also starting July 2010

http://www.bidclerk.com/project.1272090.html

89 unit residential, starting April 2011

http://www.bidclerk.com/project.1252310.html

30,000 sq ft addition to children's hospital, built atop the ER, start Nov 2010

http://www.bidclerk.com/project.1269666.html

Anyone have a Bidclerk account anymore?

The first you mentioned could be the 14 story Lionstone building because the construction materials list structural steel and concrete on the bidclerk page. 238,000+ square feet is a lot. 14 stories at 17,500 square feet per floor is 245,000 square feet. Some of the lower end hotel properties are stick frame buildings, however; stick frame is very rarely used over 4 stories. 5 stories max. This could be the Marriott Property as they were supposed to start right about now but that is a lot of square footage. Either way, bring on the cranes!

SEC

• 2 months later...

Friends,

Yes, that Bid Clerk info seemingly is for the mixed-use development the Patels are doing at 18th and West End. Dr. Patel is a highly respected businessman who did his fellowship at Vanderbilt. He is a guest lecturer at VU's Owen School, has a private practice in gastroenterology and is chairman of the board at Civic Bank and Trust (which once operated a branch from the site). Mr. Patel and his wife own five hotels in Clarksville and are experienced and savvy business people. Earlier this year, I exchanged an email with the wife (Divya) and she said the plan was to begin work in the fall. She was appreciative of my contacting her.

This should be a strong mixed-use product that will add building density and a diversity of commercial use for Midtown. If Midtown is not to get West End Summit any time soon, this is the next best thing for the district.

WW

Archived