Free Appliance Day

wolverine

Today and Yesterday were free appliance days where dorm dwelling students of wealthy parents were heavily inconvenienced by taking that 8 month old fridge home leave it out on the loading dock.

I just claimed a "like new" microwave free of crumbs and food stains and a fan/filter tower.

Total worth ~$150

Last year I got a DVD player which was nice since mine had broken.

I've been hoping for a TV, but those get picked over fast.

Most of it is just junk. Old carpets and broken furniture. And it's always good to get stuff before it gets rained on. But if you need a wall mount mirror, tables, chairs, mini fridges, whatever.... The Hill and West Quad is where it's at.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today and Yesterday were free appliance days where dorm dwelling students of wealthy parents were heavily inconvenienced by taking that 8 month old fridge home leave it out on the loading dock.

I just claimed a "like new" microwave free of crumbs and food stains and a fan/filter tower.

Total worth ~$150

Last year I got a DVD player which was nice since mine had broken.

I've been hoping for a TV, but those get picked over fast.

Most of it is just junk. Old carpets and broken furniture. And it's always good to get stuff before it gets rained on. But if you need a wall mount mirror, tables, chairs, mini fridges, whatever.... The Hill and West Quad is where it's at.

• 3 weeks later...

Whenever I see those filter towers on TV I always want one, but they're so expensive, and I'm worried that it will just make the air smell like ozone. :(

I also think it's funny that the content link thing underlined all of the products you listed. :lol:

I'll have to remember to keep an eye out next year.

It works pretty well. Still using it. I didn't believe it would work well being rejected and all so I put the cooling fan on high. We had our A/C off, but the next morning I woke up freezing. That was good though, because it definitely worked.

I still need a new TV though. Anything would be better than what I currently have.

Speaking of the underlined ads. They should help reduce the threat of people coming in and spamming. If they try and post an ad for themselves, the links will show up directing users to urbanplanet's selected advertisers instead.

Archived