Rev. Wright at the National Press Club Today

monsoon

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, it does because they are what you call black egalitarians and conservatives. Most of their views are very contradictory,and guess what most blacks don't agree with their views because most of them either ignore the plights or stuggles. So what does your point have to do with Wright's statements?

Sean Hannity does all of my thinking for me now... somehow his hate campaign against Obama has opened my mind...

bleh...

I've never felt offended by anything Rev. Wright has said. There have been things where I don't agree but I can see where he's coming from. I don't understand why most Americans want to forget what we've done in the past. We're not an angelic nation and out of love for your country, you will be passionate about pointing out its flaws and attempt to open people's eyes. It's like that drunk uncle, you still care for him, but what he does and has done may not be good for him or his character, you would want to help him face his demons and conquer them, not say, oh he's alright, I'm going to love him unconditionally no matter if he's hurting himself or how he may hurt others. Rev. Wright didn't say the people who died 9/11/01 had it coming or that they deserved it, but why can't people understand how our foreign policy has failed us? Why can't people see what we do out of good intentions and self-interest usually comes back to bite us. Watch Iraq years down the road. We proclaim we want everyone to live like us and to be like us yet we would hate it if China said be Communist. We champion free elections yet when a county like Iran elects a president that doesn't like us, or elects a member of a group that is anti-American, then is the process flawed? We need to try to see the world how others see it. We can't be so blind all the time.

There's more I'd like to say but time's not going to allow... I hope someone understands.

just go back and read erdogs comments he made to me about minimum wages.It was my first starter topic and he shot me down like I was a drty disabled bum, and he even questioned my disability.GO BACK TO THE MINIMUM WAGE TOPIC in this thread.

Just because you are bitter over your circumstances, it doesn't justify you making up lies about me. Nowhere did I question your disability or call you a dirty disabled bum.

"It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it." Joseph Joubert

If that's how you felt, then I'm sorry. My comments were not meant to be taken on a personal level, I thought we were just exchanging ideas.

Barrack has now completely distanced himself from Wright's comments and beliefs. He sounded sincere and a bit angry as well. I gained even more respect for Obama the person today.

I can't believe that I'm actually agreeing with Karl Rove here, but I think he was right when he said on O'Reilly's show tonight that Obama should have simply come out and said in his speech today (or even better, the one in Philly) that although he was cognizant of his pastor's controversial views, the spiritual fellowship and the positive impact the church was having on the neighborhood outweighed his concerns about those views. He should have then pointed out that the views he says he holds now are consistent with the views he expressed when questioned about his attendance at the Million Man March ten years ago. Obama somewhat hinted at the first part in his speech in Philly, but he should have hammered that a bit more.

Archived