For all GR scooterists!

The local scooter club is riding once again. We meet at Kava House every thursday at six and ride maybe an hour after that. So dust off those Vespas (or whatever scoot you have) and come out! I didn't post this in the event kiosk since its not really an event but a social group. I hope thats cool. Anyway, our website is right here.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A scooter club? Sounds cool! Took a peek at the website. Sounds fun!!

Currently live in Greenville. Plan on moving to GR sometime by fall. We will have to check it out at some point. Nice to know there is a group of riders. We look forward to it. :yahoo:

Well, yeah, but they didn't start out bicycling at 20mph. They are able to ride 20mph because they ride their bikes to work everyday. You have to work up to that. And riding fast is not a requirement for riding a bicycle.

You should try it sometime. I'd help ya. I could loan you a bicycle or find one you could use. :) It's a lot of fun, especially once you get more comfortable with it.

The local moped army branch, the ghost riders, might have some for sale. Or vertigo music sometimes sells them.

The Ghost Riders meet at Founders at 7 on mondays. If you come down there we can try to find a bike that is for sale. Otherwise craigslist is a good place, but dont get ripped off, if you need advice, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

My fiance and I are looking for a place in the GR area that offers scooter rentals. We're getting married this June and would love to use a scooter for our "get-away" car. Or, if anybody is willing to let us rent their scooter that would be great too. Our church and reception sites are only about 3 miles apart from each other and it's all downtown so it wouldn't be far.

My fiance and I are looking for a place in the GR area that offers scooter rentals. We're getting married this June and would love to use a scooter for our "get-away" car. Or, if anybody is willing to let us rent their scooter that would be great too. Our church and reception sites are only about 3 miles apart from each other and it's all downtown so it wouldn't be far.

The news stated pedicabs could be running as early as June 1st, but I'm not sure we will actually begin operating that early. The drivers still have to go through some training first. I'll be giving Mr. McCullough a call early next week to find out what the status on that is. (99.9% sure I've got the job.)

Archived