What does Altamonte Springs need

mgsports

Supercenter- Some where in Altamonte Springs or in it's existing one location or on the land they bought.

Neighborhood Market- Some where close to I-4.

TJMAXX and More-Just make the existing one bigger by taking spaces on the left side of it.

Mega Marshalls- Just expand to the left of it to.

Super Target-Just take the Parking Lot that's between them and Home Depot to expand and thiers still a chance. How did Home Depot expand East?

BJ'S Wearhouse and Sam's Club is really in Fern Park find a place by Maitland BLVD and 434.

Whole Foods and Trader Joe's by the Mall because theirs just Albertsons and Publix.

Bass Pro by Maitland BLVD and 434.

Furniturerow.com is the Website and it's has different kinds of stores together and none in Florida yet.

Circiut City is really in Fern Park and Bed Bath and Beyond West of town meaning by Maitland BLVD and 434.

IKEA sells other things then just Furniture.

A exit over by Cranes Roost would help out.

Yellow Pages says it already a Supercenter in Altamonte Springs.

Also Fern Park might be getting one to.

A Minor League Baseball Stadium and Arena for Minor League Hockey Team would be good.

O'Charley's? ESPN Zone? Hobby Lobby? Goody's Family Clothing? Gordmans?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG!!! Please, no more walmarts. We've been lucky enough in Altamonte to avoid having a super walmart so far. There's a super walmart in Apopka only about 4 miles from the West side of Altamonte now, that's close enough. Unfortunately I've heard that walmart bought the huge empty parcel of property fronting SR436 from Forest Lake Academy in the Forest City area less than a mile West of Altamonte. The plans are supposedly already under review for a super duper walmart.

The one older walmart in Altamonte might make a good neighborhood market. I could see that being converted if they do build the super walmart in Forest City.

Supercenter- Some where in Altamonte Springs or in it's existing one location or on the land they bought.

TJMAXX and More- Just make the existing one bigger by taking spaces on the left side of it.

Super Target-Just take the Parking Lot that's between then and Home Depot to expand.

BJ'S Wearhouse and Sam's Club find a place close to Maitland BLVD and 434.

Wild Oats/Whole Foods and Trader Joe's by the Mall.

Furniture Row just some where in the area.

Circiut City and Bed Bath and Beyond West of town.

TJMAXX and More- Just make the existing one bigger by taking spaces on the left side of it.

Super Target-Just take the Parking Lot that's between then and Home Depot to expand.

BJ'S Wearhouse and Sam's Club find a place close to Maitland BLVD and 434.

Wild Oats/Whole Foods and Trader Joe's by the Mall.

Furniture Row just some where in the area.

Circiut City and Bed Bath and Beyond West of town.

They can add a Lane to 434 and 436 to help out.

Theirs other Places that Altamonte Springs doesn't have that it might need.

Yellow Pages says it already a Supercenter in Altamonte Springs.

Also Fern Park might be getting one to.

Let me tell you the last thing Altamonte needs, in my humble opinion. More large chain retail stores and restaurants.

Luckily getting any site work approved and CO'd there is like dealing with the Vogons in Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy.

I guess I'll chime in here since I am in the area every day. I'd say it needs:

- Dedicated bus lanes, or bus routes which do not include 436. The bus traffic, combined with the trucks, causes traffic flow to stop almost every morning on 436 with cars stranded in the middle of intersections. I realize part of this is because there are so many poor drivers, and I'm not anti-bus at all. However, adding bus traffic on an already ridiculously congested road seems like an inefficient use of the vehicle.

- The train... already stated, but so badly needed. If the train happens, increased bus service to feed that station would also be needed. I guess this is moving closer to a pipe dream now after the Senate activity today.

- Walkways. There is a decent amount of foot traffic near 436 and I-4 thats not managed too well.

Ride the beginning of the Seminole Wekiva Trail from SR436 to SR434. You pass over the little wekiva river, go through woods, neighborhoods, and pass three parks in the span of about three miles. It's hard to believe you're minutes off SR436.

• 1 month later...
OMG!!! Please, no more walmarts. We've been lucky enough in Altamonte to avoid having a super walmart so far. There's a super walmart in Apopka only about 4 miles from the West side of Altamonte now, that's close enough. Unfortunately I've heard that walmart bought the huge empty parcel of property fronting SR436 from Forest Lake Academy in the Forest City area less than a mile West of Altamonte. The plans are supposedly already under review for a super duper walmart.

The one older walmart in Altamonte might make a good neighborhood market. I could see that being converted if they do build the super walmart in Forest City.

Maybe Sam's Club is going their.

Altamonte Springs needs one because it has all other kinds of Retail that other cities in the area that have a Supercenter Walmart and people Altamonte Springs would probley like to do their shopping at once.

Good I hope the Orlando Sentinel does a story on it.

Altamonte needs better public transportation. Growing up in Altamonte I loved it there because you had just about every convenience you could want........if you could get there. I didn't get a car until after I graduated and left Altamonte but I think it would have been amazing if there was a better bus system or mass transit that ran along 436. I didn't mind walking but something that has stations at 434, Montgomery road, the restaurants area on 436, Douglas, Uptown, the Mall and Maitland blvd and ran regularly would have been great. It wasn't a good look meeting up with your friends at the mall with sweat stains all over your underarms and back. But today, given the new development by the park and mall and horrendous traffic I think alot of local residents, teens and older, would consider using it to get to see a movie or do some shopping or hang out at the bookstore.

Altamonte needs better public transportation. Growing up in Altamonte I loved it there because you had just about every convenience you could want........if you could get there. I didn't get a car until after I graduated and left Altamonte but I think it would have been amazing if there was a better bus system or mass transit that ran along 436. I didn't mind walking but something that has stations at 434, Montgomery road, the restaurants area on 436, Douglas, Uptown, the Mall and Maitland blvd and ran regularly would have been great. It wasn't a good look meeting up with your friends at the mall with sweat stains all over your underarms and back. But today, given the new development by the park and mall and horrendous traffic I think alot of local residents, teens and older, would consider using it to get to see a movie or do some shopping or hang out at the bookstore.

Archived