Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MacInToshAA

Thanksgiving Things To Do

7 posts in this topic

My granddaughter will be staying with us for quite a few days at Thanksgiving. She's three. What activities or places to go would be good for someone of that age. Most parks and zoos are closed. :dontknow:

I think the zoos open all year. Monkey Joes on laurens rd is a big hit with kids. I think the Christmas parade with Santa at the end happens around thanksgiving.

The Greenville Zoo is closed on Thanksgiving day only ... that should leave plenty of time for a visit. I'm not sure what parks you mean will be closed, as most parks are open year round. For a three year old I would recommend Linky Stone Park in Greenville, Kid's Planet in Greer, and Falls Park in Greenville (kid's love the bridge!).

My granddaughter will be staying with us for quite a few days at Thanksgiving. She's three. What activities or places to go would be good for someone of that age. Most parks and zoos are closed. :dontknow:

Oh thank you so much for your ideas. We want Anne to remember visiting Grandma and Grandpa in Greenville.

BTW, I think the Kids' Planet in Greer is rather rustic. Are the other ones any better?

Doesn't the Christmas Market at Piazza Bergamo also kick off on Thanksgiving weekend? Another fun thing to do.

Roper Mountain Holiday Lights begins Thanksgiving night. Every child LOVES that ride and this year you'll be able to get out and participate!

Gatti Town might be fun, as might Frankies Fun Park (weather permitting, of course).

Be sure to check out the children's events always happening at the Hughes Main Library downtown.

For future reference, keep your eyes on The Children's Museum of Greenville, which is well on its way to being complete by Spring 2009. That will make an excellent place to take kids once open. :thumbsup: