Argenta

• 4 months later...

NLR is working on a proposal to have Newmark Moses Tucker  look for a developer for city owned property between Main and soon to be Simmons Bank Arena. The property will include 5 acres and two buildings  containing city offices. The property is expected to bring in around $3.5 million for the city. Jimmy Moses thinks the property would be a good fit for a hotel which would draw 300 to  400 people a night to downtown.  At this time NMT has a 1.28 acre piece of  vacant property adjacent to the northeast of the city property listed for sale.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, skirby said:

Newmark Moses Tucker and Terra Forma will start construction on the Vue, a 244 unit apartment complex, within the next few weeks. It will be located on the Arkansas River just west of the Broadway Bridge.

6WbFK9.jpg

Wow.  That looks impressive. 

6 hours ago, Architect said:

Honestly, I’d say compared to the originally promoted conceptual design for a mixed-use tower/hotel/retail, it’s a let down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. What happened to the office/retail and hotel component?

11 hours ago, theman said:

I was thinking the same thing. What happened to the office/retail and hotel component?

The parking lot used by DS Park just north of this project would make an excellent spot for office/retail and hotel development. 

I think the major take away from The Vue will be that NMT has jumped the river with this apartment development.  Also, NMT is marketing the redevelopment of city owned property between Main Street and the Arena.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Power + Ice Building should start construction next to Argenta Plaza soon. The City has agreed to sell the property and the building will contain a Food Hall on the ground floor. The space will contain 6 restaurant stalls, a central bar and   communal seating. The two floors above will contain residential units.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, skirby said:

The Power + Ice Building should start construction next to Argenta Plaza soon. The City has agreed to sell the property and the building will contain a Food Hall on the ground floor. The space will contain 6 restaurant stalls, a central bar and   communal seating. The two floors above will contain residential units.

I am hoping this food hall has a vibe similar to Mother Road Market in Tulsa. That place is a great spot to hang out and eat with friends.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Architect said:

I’m anxious to check this out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Orion Building is looking to have occupants in late January with a complete opening in March. Later  Tusk and Trotter will open and the owners have also announced they will  bring their Trash Creamery to Argenta. When the Orion Building is completed  the "backyard" to the Argenta Plaza will open.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...