Argenta

13 hours ago, skirby said:

The city of North Little Rock is in talks with Greyhound to purchase its building on Washington just west of the arena . This is one of the few pieces of property between Main and the arena the city doesn't own.

spacer.png

I have understood that the city has been wanting to do this for a while. If they are successful I wouldn’t be surprised if a hotel goes up there.

9 hours ago, theman said:

I have understood that the city has been wanting to do this for a while. If they are successful I wouldn’t be surprised if a hotel goes up there.

I don't know if the city owns the building to the east of Greyhound but if they do then they would have an outstanding piece of property to offer.

spacer.png

I wish Little Rock and North Little Rock would have kept those train tracks and bridge across the river.  This would have been great as a light-rail train system to help get people back and forth across the river, especially for events at Alltel/Verizon/Simmons.  There would be a great stopping point there.   Oh well.  

I wish Little Rock and North Little Rock/Argenta/Dog Town would merge. 

This. Warren Stephens was really pushing this about 10 years ago, but couldn’t get any traction. The distinction serves little to no purpose...it’s only a disadvantage for both cities. It was the same city originally of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Architect said:

This. Warren Stephens was really pushing this about 10 years ago, but couldn’t get any traction. The distinction serves little to no purpose...it’s only a disadvantage for both cities. It was the same city originally of course.

If LR, NLR, and Sherwood merged into one city, it would go from the 126th largest city in the Nation, to 68th at 294,651.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDC26 said:

If LR, NLR, and Sherwood merged into one city, it would go from the 126th largest city in the Nation, to 68th at 294,651.

Wouldn't that be something?  I think LR-NLR is plausible, OR creating a single-county government (like Nashville or Louisville), but doubtful Sherwood would just go along with a three-way...though technically that would make the most sense geographically.

9 minutes ago, Architect said:

Wouldn't that be something?  I think LR-NLR is plausible, OR creating a single-county government (like Nashville or Louisville), but doubtful Sherwood would just go along with a three-way...though technically that would make the most sense geographically.

Without Sherwood, it would be 263k, and be 79th in the Nation, still a big jump.  

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 2:53 PM, Architect said:

I'm a huge fan of a one metropolitan city/county government.   It makes too much sense. 

On 3/8/2021 at 9:27 AM, Arkanzin said:

I'm a huge fan of a one metropolitan city/county government.   It makes too much sense. 

It does, but Arkansans are overtly provincial, plus - like it or not - people outside of Little Rock (even in Pulaski County) likely don't want to "be" Little Rock.

What if we use example of New York City with Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island.  We combine Little Rock, North Little Rock and Sherwood and call the area Little Rock and keep area names. 
i’m sure North Little Rock and Sherwood would be apprehensive about the change. 
Maybe moving city hall across the river would help appease some. 

• 1 month later...

New development is headed for Argenta. A group of investors along with Moses Tucker and Taggart Architects is seeking to rezone 32 lots in an area north of Bishop Lindsey between Poplar Street and Olive Street. Their plans include mixed use made of  commercial, residential and multi-family. 

• Like 1

New development is headed for Argenta. A group of investors along with Moses Tucker and Taggart Architects is seeking to rezone 32 lots in an area north of Bishop Lindsey between Poplar Street and Olive Street. Their plans include mixed use made of  commercial, residential and multi-family. 

I think I read about that recently, but I’m excited to see what’s proposed!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 10:27 AM, skirby said:

The city of North Little Rock is in talks with Greyhound to purchase its building on Washington just west of the arena . This is one of the few pieces of property between Main and the arena the city doesn't own.

spacer.png

The purchase was approved last night by the NLR City Council with Greyhound retaining a leaseback agreement for up to one year on the property.

23 hours ago, Architect said:

Remind me…what’s the plan here?

Taggart Architects developed the plans and MT is trying to find a developer for the project just west of Simmons Arena.

spacer.png

The Greyhound Station is located behind building 1 .

On 5/26/2021 at 11:35 AM, skirby said:

Taggart Architects developed the plans and MT is trying to find a developer for the project just west of Simmons Arena.

spacer.png

The Greyhound Station is located behind building 1 .

Ah yes, very cool proposal.  I drove down Main St. Argenta today and wow...what an amazing transformation.  I think it's arguably become one of the best "districts" in the metro.

• 1 year later...

Another development for Argenta is in the planning stage. Nabholz Property of Conway has put in a offer to purchase property owned by the city located just west or Simmons Bank Arena. The property now serves as a parking lot bounded by the walkway from Main St on the north, the arena on the east, East Washington on the south and Poplar on the west. Although details are vague at this time a hotel might be included in the project.

Look for the former Greyhound Bus Station to be demolished in the next few weeks. There is talk the property will be sold for the development of a highrise hotel. 

On 7/19/2022 at 11:27 AM, skirby said:

Another development for Argenta is in the planning stage. Nabholz Property of Conway has put in a offer to purchase property owned by the city located just west or Simmons Bank Arena. The property now serves as a parking lot bounded by the walkway from Main St on the north, the arena on the east, East Washington on the south and Poplar on the west. Although details are vague at this time a hotel might be included in the project.

Nabholz plans a mixed use project for the propery with a resturant and an entertainment  venue on the ground floor and residential and/or a hotel above.

About time. With what’s been happening in the downtown’s of Little Rock and North Little Rock I thought the site of the Greyhound station would be a good site for a hotel. Two questions. 1) will it be a full service hotel (if it’s a hotel that will be developed there) that could be used as overflow rooms for events at the convention center. 2) where is the bus station moving to? In the past that seems to have been the hold up for redeveloping the property.

9 hours ago, theman said:

About time. With what’s been happening in the downtown’s of Little Rock and North Little Rock I thought the site of the Greyhound station would be a good site for a hotel. Two questions. 1) will it be a full service hotel (if it’s a hotel that will be developed there) that could be used as overflow rooms for events at the convention center. 2) where is the bus station moving to? In the past that seems to have been the hold up for redeveloping the property.

I don't know about the location of the new bus station but the property was sold a year ago to the City of NLR and Greyhound had a year to fine a new home and that time is up.