Another Development for 12th South

smeagolsfree

I love the way the Tennessean hides stories. I ran across this in this mornings paper under the Vandy and West Nashville segment.

Another possible small development may be in the works for the 12th Ave South neighborhood. I am glad to see this area get more of this type of development. This one will replace a car lot. Thank You!

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...8/1553/COUNTY01

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friends,

Unfortunately, the quirky Cypress Building will have to come down for the new 12th and Paris building. The Cypress Building was constructed in the 1970s (if I'm not mistaken) and is actually a solid example of that modest era of architectural design. A fairly recent modification of the building (done in the early 2000s) gave Cypress a very funky and eye-catching look. I kind of hate to see it go, even though it is fronted by a hideous surface parking lot. The other two buildings that will come down are hideous.

ESU/WW

Friends,

Unfortunately, the quirky Cypress Building will have to come down for the new 12th and Paris building. The Cypress Building was constructed in the 1970s (if I'm not mistaken) and is actually a solid example of that modest era of architectural design. A fairly recent modification of the building (done in the early 2000s) gave Cypress a very funky and eye-catching look. I kind of hate to see it go, even though it is fronted by a hideous surface parking lot. The other two buildings that will come down are hideous.

ESU/WW

• 2 weeks later...

Looks as if there are three projects in line for this area now according to the Tennessean.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../805090391/1555

This area keeps becoming a magnet for small on street development. I hope it continues. With all the development in this area property values will surely rise more.

I dont think we have seen an end to development for this area. It will continue to be hot just as the corridor on Main street coming into DT from the east.

Looks like the third development, 12th & kirkwood (i think the tennessean had it incorrect), will be directly across the street from the 12th & paris development, if im not mistaken..

Also interesting to hear that Portland Brew is doubling in size, and will "have some surprises." Wonder what they mean..

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

12th & Paris is already lining up retail residents...

Burger Up set for 12th & Paris

Burger Up, a new venture by Frothy Monkey owner Miranda Whitcomb-Pontes, will become the project's anchor tenant. The eatery, which will feature a variety of burgers, from veggie, turkey and vegan, along with a full bar, will accommodate 75 people indoors and offer patio seating.

She anticipates opening the restaurant in February 2010.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet even more residential planned for the 12South area... this is actually close to Berry Hill as well.

12South area adds 15 homes

15 single-family homes in the 2500 block of Ninth Avenue South.

Cottage Cove, as the project is named, would be just north of Montrose Avenue in the 12South community.

The development is proposed to have three-bedroom cottages ranging from 1,300 to 1,500 square feet and priced from $310,000 to $349,000. The units will be developed around a common open space.

Archived