Where do you live?

I was just curious where the other common posters on this board live (city, neighborhood, etc).

I guess I'll start, currently I live in Chenal but in the past I've lived in Colony West, Walton Heights, Levy, and downtown NLR north of Argenta. When I went to college I lived on and adjacent to the Hendrix campus.

My favorite neighborhoods are still the Heights and Hillcrest and eventually I'll probably move there.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just curious where the other common posters on this board live (city, neighborhood, etc).

I guess I'll start, currently I live in Chenal but in the past I've lived in Colony West, Walton Heights, Levy, and downtown NLR north of Argenta. When I went to college I lived on and adjacent to the Hendrix campus.

My favorite neighborhoods are still the Heights and Hillcrest and eventually I'll probably move there.

Until I was nine we lived on Scott Street right where I-630 took out the entire block from 11th to 12th. in 1949 my Dad built a house on Fair Park Blvd. and we lived there until 1959 when he received an offer he couldn't refuse and we moved to Lakewood in NLR. Except for six months active duty in the Army National Guard, I lived at home while going to school and working to keep going to school. Upon graduating from college I moved to Crestwood Manor Apartments in LR. A couple of years later I met my wife, a Hendrix grad, and we rented an apartment on B street in Hillcrest. We were the first occupants, the place has now been converted to condos. Not being real happy with B street in 1971 we moved to the Georgetown Apartments just west of University Mall. In 73 we bought our first house, in the Wingate addition, in 77 we bought a house in Pleasant Valley. In 79 an unsolicited offer was made on our house and we sold and moved to Lakewood next door to my parents so my mother could help with our newborn daughter. By 81 we wanted a bigger house so we purchased a friend's home in Lakewood NE. We kept the small house and after my parents died we owned three houses in NLR. In 98 being tired of keeping up a large yard and wanting to be closer to our business in LR we moved to a condo in Hillcrest where we are today.

I live in Oak Forest. I like the diversity here, the convenience to all parts of town, my awesome neighbors, and the rumblings of positive change from UALR's efforts, and the neighborhood association. I also like it that I can get downtown by bus. An interesting bus, but by bus. I miss the walkability that the Heights and Hillcrest have. Walgreens, while convenient, isn't the same as a good neighborhood grocery and or local watering/caffinating holes.

Currently I live in Maumelle. I grew up in Oak Forest and lived on the Hendrix Campus my first three years of college and off campus near UCA my senior year. When I got married, my wife and I lived in the Broadmoor area until we moved to Maumelle.

Rector, Searcy, Walnut Ridge, Memphis, Timberhill in LR, then built a home on Pinnacle Valley.

I love Little Rock.

I hated living amongst Tennessee, Ole Miss, and Miss St fans. Other than that, Memphis is an awesome city.

I recently graduated with a Masters in Banking from Christian Brothers, and if given the chance, might move back over in the next 5-10 years.

We've lived in Hillcrest since 2000 and love it. We moved here from Harrison Street in the Heights where we'd lived for 4 years (loved it too). Between college and marriage, I lived downtown in the Quapaw Quarter in the Cathedral Park Apartments - the 1888 Winfield Methodist church that was converted to apartments in the mid-80's (let's just say that's the coolest building I've ever lived in!).

But from the beginning, I lived on Melon Street until I was 5, then we moved to Walton Heights and lived there 10 years before my parents built a new house off of Napa Valley in WLR. I went to college in Fayetteville and lived in Leverett Gardens apartments the whole time - great memories!

p.s. I'm such a moron...I always forget to browse the Coffee Shop forum! Sorry for the late post!!!! :silly:

• 1 month later...

Born and raised in Mountain View, AR until age 18. I set out for Conway and Hendrix, where I lived on campus my first year. But, I ended up transferring to UCA out of choice and lived campus adjacent for a few years in Conway. Got married at 22 and lived in a few other places in both west & east Conway, then went to Fayetteville for graduate school. Moved back to Mountain View for a year and now I live in Little Rock just off Markham, across from the UAMS entrance.

Almost went to Morgantown, West Virginia, for grad school but it didn't happen. Loving Little Rock though.

We've lived in Hillcrest since 2000 and love it. We moved here from Harrison Street in the Heights where we'd lived for 4 years (loved it too). Between college and marriage, I lived downtown in the Quapaw Quarter in the Cathedral Park Apartments - the 1888 Winfield Methodist church that was converted to apartments in the mid-80's (let's just say that's the coolest building I've ever lived in!).

But from the beginning, I lived on Melon Street until I was 5, then we moved to Walton Heights and lived there 10 years before my parents built a new house off of Napa Valley in WLR. I went to college in Fayetteville and lived in Leverett Gardens apartments the whole time - great memories!

p.s. I'm such a moron...I always forget to browse the Coffee Shop forum! Sorry for the late post!!!! :silly:

Archived