PROPOSED:Addison Mill Apartments

http://www.courant.com/business/realestate...0,6230891.story

The Addison Mill Apartment project has secured $8.3 million in construction financing from Commerce Bank & Trust in Worcester. The financing was arranged by CBRE/Melody in Hartford.

Developer Martin J. Kenny plans 55 apartments in the mill building

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not much to add other than that I live very close to this project and when I drove by the other day work was ongoing. I'm interested to see what happens there as the mill is a pretty unique site. Addison village itself is tiny, just a few old mills and a street or two of old homes on either side of the stream. One of the interesting things is that the stream runs directly under the factory. I wonder how they will handle that? Also, where Addison Street goes over the stream right in front of the factory the bridge is so narrow that I'm not even sure that two cars can go over it at the same time. With people living there I wonder if the bridge will be upgraded?

Sounds like a neat place.

I would suspect the bridge would remain if it is a short bridge. it would be a natural way to keep people driving slowly around the buildings. Besides little things like this add to the charm of living in an old mill building.

The work you see them doing seems to be the demo mentioned in the article.

Yeah, it is a charming place. Right next to the Mill there is one of the older homes in town, if memory serves me right it dates to 1728 or so. Behind the Mill and the house is a decent sized pond. The whole area looks really nice in springtime as there are a lot of colorful trees and such there. They only real drawback is that Hebron Ave. and Salmon Brook business park are nearby which add a sprawl element. Downtown is probably a bit too far to walk for most residents too.

I believe that is the J.B. Williams Soap Factory complex. Across the street (Addison St) was the old PEQUOT SPRINGS BOTTLING COMPANY. I'm glad they are making them into apartments I believe the old 'trolley tracks' is a path. (JB Williams last used the line in the late 1950s).

• 4 weeks later...

Kenny's not that great a developer, he'll cut corners and end up delivering a project 75% of the quality of what was promised. Anyways, shouldn't he be focusing on the vacant building right next to Trumbull on the Park? Wasn't he given that building a couple years ago under the condition he begin development within a year?

• 1 year later...
Kenny's not that great a developer, he'll cut corners and end up delivering a project 75% of the quality of what was promised. Anyways, shouldn't he be focusing on the vacant building right next to Trumbull on the Park? Wasn't he given that building a couple years ago under the condition he begin development within a year?

• 1 month later...

Archived