Where is everybody?

pmc6986

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been checking back in on the Statesboro forum from time to time, but I haven't really been able to contribute much because of schoolwork.

I'm also still figuring out what's going on and up around here. After all, I've only been here for a short while.

However, I am still curious where everyone ended up going.

Nothing is really going on- everything is in the construction phase.

I'm hoping that we'll be hearing something on some of the outparcels at Statesboro Crossing soon. If they plan on being open by October, then construction should be getting underway within the next month or so.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been busy with work because of a lack of staff. I haven't had many chances to get on here and take a look.

Morgan was right about the primary reason, though. There are a number of projects under construction. The people/companies looking at doing something in the area seem to have backed off to see what the economy is going to do, so there aren't too many development rumors floating around. I was told inquiries and feelers have been slowly picking up the past month or two. Maybe during the summer things will get back up to speed and we will have lots to talk about.

I have been super busy with school and SGA. This one week break has given me the opportunity to breathe a little, but not enough to make a post on here.. lol. Im planning to go to graduate school next year at Georgia Tech, so in a way, when thinking about how nice it will be to finally live in the promised land (midtown), Im forgetting the point of caring about Statesboro. I think it has a lot more to do with the backwards laws we have here about public service age minimums and the voter controversies that have really made me feel unwelcome here. Even though Ive lived here my entire life, I just feel that disenfranchised as a voter and as someone who wants to be involved in the local community. Every now and then I remember how much I love Statesboro, when I smell those beautiful days weve been having lately, or when I see the new vista that Commerce Park and Statesboro Crossing are giving us coming around the bypass. I feel discouraged that there is a good chance that Statesboro will never meet my personal needs as a living environment, so I dont know.

Morgans right about everything being under construction. Im disappointed that the SMall didnt get sold. Hull-Storey is obviously not interested in us, but now they are stuck with us, and we them. Waiting for Target, and having heard any more rumors. I saw a bunch of trucks working on the Shell House a couple days ago. It looks like Mellow Mushroom is holding off again. The new dorms are already underway, and the 4-story elevator shafts are already up. Im ready for an Olive Garden, a whole foods market, a Little Azio or any decent Mediterranean restaurant. There is no where in this town for a vegetarian to eat. Im ready for a Saks, so Im thinking my time has come to live somewhere else. I would love to see the interstate area develop... but it seems everything is in an under construction stage. Sorry for my pessimism.. Ill try to get over it and start posting again.

I moved back to my home state of NC. I've been focused on things there. I have been popping in once in a while to see how things are progressing in Statesboro. I'm glad to read that many projects that were rumors or just in early development while I was there have now begun construction.

Don't be afraid to come up to the NC forum and say hello. You'll find me talking about projects in the smaller cities and towns in the areas west of Charlotte, ie Gaston, Lincoln, Catawba and Burke Counties.

Archived