Rida Development Corp's Mixed-Use Complex [Under Construction]

MaXxlife

Yes. Those things.

I agree.  the camera work stunk on that video.  I can take better video than that on my cell.  this was taken with a cell.  but I get it...the units do look nice.  and what a vista of the weed laden property between it and BOA.  fantastic!

• 8 months later...

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think there are 5-6 retailers in or being built out in Crescent Central; DD, Philly Connection, a tailor, a nails place, and 1-2 others.

I'm very impressed b/c its the only retail in that two-block stretch sans anything inside BOA.

• 8 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread, but I noticed yesterday on my walk over to Greenbeat that Crescent's main signage for (what I think is) the apartment leasing office has been changed. It now reads Central Station on Orange, banishing "Crescent" to the dustbin. It was raining so I couldn't grab a pic.

That was quick!

• 4 months later...
11 hours ago, Jernigan said:

The corner unit will become downtown's newest 7-Eleven, per GrowthSpotter.  

The article also mentions that RIDA is looking for another electronics repair business to come in and replace the closed iDoc store in the same strip.

Lame. That is actually a pretty cool corner with very high ceilings. Just in the wrong spot for anything beyond 7-11 I guess.

Next on the horizon: how about.... 7 Eleven Pharmacy!!!!!

An idea whose time has come, dang it!!!!! 

"Uh yes, I'd like to fill this Xanax prescription. I'd also like a Big Gulp, and a fill-up on pump three, please."

And once medical weed gets established, they could truly become a one-stop destination!!! 

11 minutes ago, codypet said:

The densities of 7-11's in this town have to be some sort of record.   In 2009 when I worked in Jefferson you just had Thornton and Magnolia.  Now you have 4 more in downtown.   And only 1 Walgreen's and it doesn't have a pharmacy.

I don't really get the 7-11 hate here. Anytime I go to a large city there are 7-11's or some local version of it everywhere. There are typically more pharmacy's sprinkled in - I just don't know where there is space for a full service pharmacy in DT right now. 

43 minutes ago, bqknight said:

I don't really get the 7-11 hate here. Anytime I go to a large city there are 7-11's or some local version of it everywhere. There are typically more pharmacy's sprinkled in - I just don't know where there is space for a full service pharmacy in DT right now. 

The south block of the Sentinel Property would be a great place to build a retail complex.  Also the BellSouth building should be built out for a pharmacy.

I don't think we are setting any kind of 7-11 record here so far.  Maybe in Florida.   But there are suburban areas with more 7-11s in an area than anywhere downtown (I think Econ and 50 had 3/4 corners at one point).

They are essentially corner stores.  I'd love a few Wawas for their food options but I don't think they are going to get into that game.    

In one of the early posts in this thread, unless I'm reading it wrong, I believe someone said they were going to build a 493 foot tower in this spot but the FAA refused to allow it. This is so maddening. It's things like this that prevent cities like Orlando from really going to the next level.

Archived