Rida Development Corp's Mixed-Use Complex [Under Construction]

MaXxlife

Some people will take the train outbounds...but are they the same people who will be shelling out downtown rents?

You can believe I will be taking that train to Maitland to get some Jeremiah's at least once a month until they come their senses and open a downtown location.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

touché! I'm with you on that...I had the chance to ask them about it and they were hesitant as they consider the froyo stores as direct competition (happy that The Hyppo doesn't). The girl I was speaking to suggested they could open "near downtown" on Colonial which leads me to think near Target.

touché! I'm with you on that...I had the chance to ask them about it and they were hesitant as they consider the froyo stores as direct competition (happy that The Hyppo doesn't). The girl I was speaking to suggested they could open "near downtown" on Colonial which leads me to think near Target.

Yeah I think our product is quite different. If you are in a mood for ice cream you are going to want ice cream. I actually looked into doing something like Jeremiahs a few years back because the margins are insane. It costs them 3-5 cents per oz to make the italian ice and the ice cream is not much different. I think a medium gelati is going for $3.85 now and its something like 8 ounces so costs them less than $.50 to make that. Those are margins I would kill for. I love Jeremiahs and think they would easily wipe out the froyo places if they wanted. Living within walking distance of one has been a really terrible temptation. I had a girlfriend in college who worked at the UCF one and she said they were just content with their small amount of locations. I know they began to expand in the last year or so so maybe that has changed.

• 4 weeks later...

I may be totally wrong, but Crescent Central Station sounds like the name of the apartment complex, not the entire Central Station development.

This is definitely an improvement from the MPB plan.  I hope this project continues to evolve in this manner.

You are correct this is just the residential building w/retail on the ground floor. From the website:

Crescent Central Station Orlando, FL

Crescent Central Station is a mixed-use development in downtown Orlando. Sited between a multi-modal transit station and the Orlando City Hall, Central Station will create a link between these important Civic destinations using green space and ground-level retail. The building is separated from the active transit rails by a linear park; a lush, green facade will climb onto the building as an extension of the park, screening a portion of the parking deck.

Crecsent Central Station will include 275 luxury apartments, a pool courtyard, club room, roof terrace, fitness center, pet grooming salon and bike repair shop.  Rounding out the community is a parking deck with 400 spaces and 12,000 sf of street-level restaurant / retail space. Future phases of the overall masterplan for this city block includes a hotel, two office buildings and additional structured parking.

"Sited between a multi-modal transit station and the Orlando City Hall..."

Should we contact them to correct the mistake in this summary?

You are correct this is just the residential building w/retail on the ground floor. From the website:

Crescent Central Station Orlando, FL

Crescent Central Station is a mixed-use development in downtown Orlando. Sited between a multi-modal transit station and the Orlando City Hall, Central Station will create a link between these important Civic destinations using green space and ground-level retail. The building is separated from the active transit rails by a linear park; a lush, green facade will climb onto the building as an extension of the park, screening a portion of the parking deck.

Crecsent Central Station will include 275 luxury apartments, a pool courtyard, club room, roof terrace, fitness center, pet grooming salon and bike repair shop.  Rounding out the community is a parking deck with 400 spaces and 12,000 sf of street-level restaurant / retail space. Future phases of the overall masterplan for this city block includes a hotel, two office buildings and additional structured parking.

"Bike and Bark?" Bike repair and dog grooming on the side facing Gertrude's Walk?! Huge! Hope the plan is to have it open to any customers (not residents only) and accessible from the trail. Was very let down by Mills Parks lack of incorporation with the Urban Trail

Archived