White Water Rafting in Columbus!

mitchella81

I know that it's been on the drawing boards for quiet a while now, with no signs of the project every evolving. But I found a article on WRBL's website that gives the latest details on the project. Sound like the project is still ago just taking a little longer than was orginally anticipated.

Whitewater rafting is coming to our area.

Or is it?

News 3's Kelly O'Connell takes a look at where the plan stands and if we can hit the water any time soon.

Are you ready for a ride on the white water?

Well, even if you are, you'll have to hold off for at least a couple years.

This is supposed to be the spot for a 2.3 mile whitewater course on the Chattahoochee River.

One that was originally scheduled to open this summer.

But clearly, this river is not ready.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When this is finished, it will be one of the largest if not the largest urban whitewater course in the country. This would be a huge economic boom for Columbus. There are kayakers down there all of the time. I can't imagine how many more will travel to Columbus to experience the rapids. I hope this project gets completed faster than they are saying.

When this is finished, it will be one of the largest if not the largest urban whitewater course in the country. This would be a huge economic boom for Columbus. There are kayakers down there all of the time. I can't imagine how many more will travel to Columbus to experience the rapids. I hope this project gets completed faster than they are saying.

Archived