CONSTUCTION THREAD: Hilton Garden Inn (The Point)

erm1981

Ive been working out at Carolina First Campus the past few days and they finally brought the grading equipment out to the site where the new Hilton hotel at the Point is going to be. Surveyors were also spotted doing their thing. Looks like this one will get cranked up within the next two weeks. Two big trackhoes are sitting on site as I write this. Monday they will probably start tearing up the old parking lot that is there now. The site is beside the new Hilton hotel at the Point. Yes the new hotel will be a 6 story 125 room Hilton Garden Inn according to G-man from SSC.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After asking that last question I remembered that it is actually a Homewood Suites. With The Point's Drury Inn & Suites, Staybridge Suites, Homewood Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, and SpringHill Suites, plus the nearby Hampton Inn & Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Microtel Inn & Suites, and LaQuinta, Woodruff Road will soon be a major travel stop along I-85 in the Upstate. :shades:

This will add to and improve the impressive interstate-fronting developments that we're currently seeing developed. Hopefully something along the lines of the proposed, though withdrawn, Point project will still be developed at The Point. If we're going to see all this development, we might as well have an aspect that will help make it more sustainable.

Archived