Cincinnati or Louisville?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several large companies are based in Cincinnati, Proctor and Gamble, Kroger and Macy*s, Inc(old Federated Department Stores HQ), so I think they give Cincinnati an edge over being more cosmopolitan than Lousiville, along with the Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky Airport being a Delta hub. Also, major league sports are more prominent. But I think Mark Twain's comment about where he would like to be if it were the end of the world, "Cincinnati, because's it's 20 years behind the rest of the world" doesn't ring as true as it did even a decade ago.

Louisville is showing itself to be more progressive than Cincy these days with its consolidation with Jefferson county, a move that would be beneficial to Cincinnati and Hamilton County. Louisville seems a little more slower paced and has retained more "Southerness" than many give credit.

But the two are close enough to one another geographically, and as Ohio River cities, share many similarities in development and history. I really don't think the differences are so great that someone who lived in both would have trouble acclimating to any differences.

Archived