Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drewbert

Berry Hill development design concepts

7 posts in this topic

Thought some here might find this interesting. I found a link to a presentation and results from a public discussion regarding future development guidelines in Berry Hill.

http://berryhilltn.org/CivicAlerts.asp?AID=17

I knew about the meeting in advance, but couldn't make it. Some of the drawings toward the end of the pdf look like pie-in-the-sky concepts to me, but I'm glad to see people are talking about it. I love living in Berry Hill, but there are some way ugly spots around here :)

This is not a bad start at all. I look the look of a lot of what they want to do, especially 8th Ave. It looks as if they want to get a nice trendy feel and much more pedestrian friendly.

Thanks for sharing.

Looks pretty good to me!

By the way, whats the deal with the "satellite cities"? What are the other 6 besides Berry Hill? Is the Metro gov't, city services, etc. at all involved in them? Just curious...

Looks pretty good to me!

By the way, whats the deal with the "satellite cities"? What are the other 6 besides Berry Hill? Is the Metro gov't, city services, etc. at all involved in them? Just curious...

According to Wikipedia:

Nashville-Davidson (balance) is the name used by the U.S. Census Bureau to designate the portion of Davidson County, Tennessee, United States that does not include satellite cities of Nashville. Because Nashville and Davidson County share a consolidated metropolitan government, the parts of these cities that fall within Davidson County are considered part of Nashville, although they still retain their own municipal governments. The cities that are a part of Nashville-Davidson County, but are excluded from the balance are:

Belle Meade

Berry Hill

Forest Hills

Goodlettsville (partially)

Lakewood

Oak Hill

Ridgetop (partially)

The balance includes the area of Davidson County that made up the City of Nashville prior to the 1963 merger with Davidson County as well as large areas of previously unincorporated land.

It would be crazy if Berry Hill transformed like that! Great find.