Suntrust parking garage to get face-lift

smeagolsfree

A friend called me the other day and told me he had heard that the Suntrust parking garage onthe corner of 4th and Commerce was going to get a new skin and possibly a restaurant in the lower level. I hope this is the case. We need more retail in the lower floors of the parking structures DT. No idea what rest. would go in this space. This is the garage right across the street form the new bank building.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A friend called me the other day and told me he had heard that the Suntrust parking garage onthe corner of 4th and Commerce was going to get a new skin and possibly a restaurant in the lower level. I hope this is the case. We need more retail in the lower floors of the parking structures DT. No idea what rest. would go in this space. This is the garage right across the street form the new bank building.

I spoke with a friend who works for SunTrust about this. She indicated that SunTrust doesn't even own the building anymore. The company sold it to Central Parking some time ago.

I"m glad about the restaurant, but I acutually kinda like the skin on that one.... it's unique. You've got to wonder if they could make more by just selling the thing off to development.... it's a great location!

I drove by this building the other day the there was a for lease sign in the window. Someone had told me Carraba's was looking at the site, but I am sure with the new DT retail recruiter there are a lot of companies looking at any vacant space there is in the DT area.

I dont have a photo but if you are driving down 4th toward Broadway from Church, the garage is on the right on the corner across from the new Suntrust building. It has a brown raised square design on it now. It sits diagonal from the AT&T building.

Not sure what this parking garage looks like now since I don't live in Nashville (which is one my fave stops going west), but I hope it doesn't look as ugly the 400 South Tryon building parking deck in Charlotte. And that's after it got repainted. It has the Rainbow Cafe Restaurant on the streetside but I never eat there anyway.

Smeagol or anyone, can you get a pic?

Archived