Bank of the Commonwealth - signboards

Telmnstr

Have you all seen the news articles regarding the LED signboards? A tax paying small business owner put a LED signboard in his store window and the city beat him down, citing city rules that you are not allowed to have LED signboards for advertising. He appealed to the council, and got struck down.

HOWEVER, Bank of the Commonwealth has two poor quality signboards on Bousch street. They run business ads 24x7. When asked the City said it was cool for them because they are for the community. I've never, ever, seen a single ad for anything community related.

Sounds like someone is in the good ol boy network!

I don't even know why the bank exists.... ING Direct and Emigrant Direct both slaughter their interest rates. I used to use Bank of Hampton Roads for one of my business accounts and they too ... were pointless. Nice people, but no real reason for them to exist. They rates were horrible. When they added the signage to Dominion Tower, it was hilarious. They don't have a customer facing counter in the building. They spent tons of money to put up signs on a building that has some offices of theirs. Their customer facing offices are in the worst tower downtown, the building near MacArthur memorial. I guess the reason they pay such low rates is they are blowing all the money on the sign rights for Hell's tower (Dominion Tower).

Amusing.

Sadly even these days ING Direct and Emigrant Direct aren't paying good returns.

But back to the signs, I'm of the opinion Bank of the Commonwealth should be forced to remove their signs. It's a double standard.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you all seen the news articles regarding the LED signboards? A tax paying small business owner put a LED signboard in his store window and the city beat him down, citing city rules that you are not allowed to have LED signboards for advertising. He appealed to the council, and got struck down.

HOWEVER, Bank of the Commonwealth has two poor quality signboards on Bousch street. They run business ads 24x7. When asked the City said it was cool for them because they are for the community. I've never, ever, seen a single ad for anything community related.

Sounds like someone is in the good ol boy network!

I don't even know why the bank exists.... ING Direct and Emigrant Direct both slaughter their interest rates. I used to use Bank of Hampton Roads for one of my business accounts and they too ... were pointless. Nice people, but no real reason for them to exist. They rates were horrible. When they added the signage to Dominion Tower, it was hilarious. They don't have a customer facing counter in the building. They spent tons of money to put up signs on a building that has some offices of theirs. Their customer facing offices are in the worst tower downtown, the building near MacArthur memorial. I guess the reason they pay such low rates is they are blowing all the money on the sign rights for Hell's tower (Dominion Tower).

Amusing.

Sadly even these days ING Direct and Emigrant Direct aren't paying good returns.

But back to the signs, I'm of the opinion Bank of the Commonwealth should be forced to remove their signs. It's a double standard.

As far as I know the rules are no signs for advertising.

When the Pilot article was written, it said Bank of the Commonwealth was given a pass since they are using them for community purposes.

But they run ads for the bank all of the time. Ever since they got them.

Archived