Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cloudship

Luggage Tags

8 posts in this topic

Been doing a bit of flying recently. I was thinking that we should have an Urban Planet luggage tag we can put on our bags in case we are travelign and maybe cross paths with another UPer.

Not a bad idea. 8-)

If they are bold in color and stick out I am down. I normally use some sort of cloth to identify my packages and an actual tag that sticks out would be awesome.

that might be better than tying a pastel colored yarn around the handle to help identify my black suitcase among the 384,000 other black suitcases in the baggage claim... though my new luggage is green. should be easier to find.

Until you discover everyone else got tired of not being able to identify their black luggage and decided to get a green suitcase that woudl stick out.

I was down at Walt Disney World several years ago, and their parking lots are huge. And since everyone has a rental car, many of them look alike. One day I found myself parked in the red grand am section of the lot, so I had this brilliant idea I had seen someone else do - the next day I tied one of their colorful plastic bags around the door handle so I could identify which car was mine.

Quite a let down when I walked out and discovered all these cars with plastic bags tied around their door handles, antennas, etc. So it wasn't much of a trick after all!

Courtesy of cloudship:

gallery_6913_20_12979.png

"I did it to fit a standard luggage tag lamination. Print it out in color (should be proper scale) and fold in half (along thin blue line)."

You can place your name and other info in the white space. Thanks again to cloudship for creating this for us!

I may test it out on Friday when I go to Mexico for a week. UPers be on the lookout for me. I'll be the incredibly pale guy at Charlotte-Douglas and Cancun on Friday morning and the incredibly burned guy the following Thursday on the reverse trip.

I have one both on my suitcase, as well as on my carry-on. I figure I am more likely to run into people while waiting for my plane that while checking in my luggage!