Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delta

Above Melbourne

Very nice! Thanks for posting these. I've never seen this city from above and had no idea it was so large!

woldfdawg54. You're referring to Melbourne Central which was designed by the Japanese architect Kisho Kurokawa. Although obviously taller, its design is often compared to Nashville's Bellsouth.

____izme241.jpg_izme239.jpg

swags. That's Eureka (pronounced Yu-ree-ka) Tower. It will be a 90 level apartment building @ 975ft/297.3m above ground on completion. It's core is already 2/3 of the way up. 2 renders:

bb2.jpg_eureka_big.jpg

Yes thumper, it's a big and beautiful city.

monsoon, it is a planned city and built on a huge grid system. In and just around the main CBD is the Hoddle Grid.

As you can see though by this pic, the grid goes astray over the Yarra River in the Soutbank Precinct. A bit of the old spaghetti highway system too. BTW The long road leading to the horizon on the right is St Kilda Road (see seperate thread).

4.jpg

Ill get some upclose photos of Eureka goin up soon!!

My cameras busted and i have to wait for funds to come from back home to get a new one!!

Cheers

In the secnd picture, first post if the pic was a little more to the right, i would have been able to see my house!!

Well i already have some photos i took last year!!!

Il post them soon

:D

Thanks for the pictures. This is the first time that I've seen Melbourne, and I'm impressed with its size and density.