Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veloise

Museum passes

2 posts in this topic

GRPL has a couple of passes, available for check-out, that provide admission to local museums and attractions. (I am waiting on a Ford pass, and hoping to snag the Gardens one once it comes up.)

Yesterday I found out that there are only two passes for all the libraries. That seems a bit lean.

Just looked up membership to the Public Museum, and it seems steep seeing as how I would go perhaps once a year.

Macy's is offering a pass to all the Detroit museums and attractions, for either two or four visitors. (I don;t have details in front of me, but I'm pretty sure it's not a total freebie.) We should have something like that here--maybe a super library card that provides a two-fer admission.

Curious. I'll have to ask the Ryerson staff more about it on my way out tonight. (I nominate the second floor of this building as one of the most awesome places to use a laptop!)

I do know, however, that GRAM and John Ball both have "Memberships" which allow free access to them. The John Ball membership actually works with just about every zoo in the country. I remember my parents having the membership for a few years and we visited a zoo near Detroit twice, a zoo in Chicago, as well as after-hours events at John Ball for free (if you don't include the cost of the membership, that is. ;p)