Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sonrise

Quaker Steak and Lube

16 posts in this topic

I don't remember when I 1st came across this oddly named fast food joint but it was within the last 8 months. I wondered if they were affilliated with Quaker State motor oil since their colors and logo are similar, still not sure. The term, "steak and lube" sounds really offputting, but apparently they have killer wings.

The reason that I'm posting this is that it looks like we're getting a franchise here in Greenville. Besides looking @ the TBA's in the Journal each week I like to look at who's applied for liquor licenses. Last week I noticed that QS&L did exactly that. Has anyone ever been to one, and if so, good or bad? Anyway, here's a link to their website:

http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/

after posting this, I just looked in this weeks legal notices and it's there as well. I guess the restaurant will be located @ 10 Chrome Drive in Greenville. I have no idea where that is.

I don't remember when I 1st came across this oddly named fast food joint but it was within the last 8 months. I wondered if they were affilliated with Quaker State motor oil since their colors and logo are similar, still not sure. The term, "steak and lube" sounds really offputting, but apparently they have killer wings.

The reason that I'm posting this is that it looks like we're getting a franchise here in Greenville. Besides looking @ the TBA's in the Journal each week I like to look at who's applied for liquor licenses. Last week I noticed that QS&L did exactly that. Has anyone ever been to one, and if so, good or bad? Anyway, here's a link to their website:

http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/

after posting this, I just looked in this weeks legal notices and it's there as well. I guess the restaurant will be located @ 10 Chrome Drive in Greenville. I have no idea where that is.

I've been meaning to post a photo of the site for this place for a few weeks now - it's right on the corner of Garlington and Chrome. It looks pretty interesting, but I've not been to one. I've seen them featured on Food Network before, though. I'll have to check it out if I'm still here when it opens.

They're from up around Pittsburgh. I've been to a couple up there and to the one in Concord, NC. Great wings. The atmosphere is all automotive stuff. It's set up to look like a garage/repair shop. Should fit in well in Greenville.

I've been meaning to post a photo of the site for this place for a few weeks now - it's right on the corner of Garlington and Chrome.

It won't really have interstate presence will it? Seems like an odd location for a chain restaurant to open. :dontknow:

The one in Concord, is actually on Speedway Blvd, between the Charlotte Motor Speedway and Concord Mills mall and basically caters to that crowd. This is an area of extreme sprawl consisting of about every chain restaurant known to man. QS&L is just another of this kind of place and not that much to write home about.

Having moved to Greenville from Pittsburgh 6 years ago, I was ecstatic (and somewhat surprised) to see the "Quaker Steak Coming Soon". I love this place, and think it will do very well here. It is a very fun atmosphere and great wings (and food in general).

I thought the location choice was interesting, but I can see the draw. I cannot wait until they open, and I've read everything from June to Fall around different forums.

I was just by this site this weekend (foundation, curbs, etc are all in) and had the realization this location could be a goldmine for afterwork drinks, with the 2,500 strong GE campus just across the street.

I was just by this site this weekend (foundation, curbs, etc are all in) and had the realization this location could be a goldmine for afterwork drinks, with the 2,500 strong GE campus just across the street.

Did the franchisee lose all of their money? This place hasn't seen any work done in at least 3 weeks. It looks pretty bad.

They were working out there last week when I drove by. :dontknow:

Looks like its going to be a big one. The one I frequented in Pittsburgh area was not quite that big.

Stopped at the Concord, NC exit, where Charlotte's Quaker Steak is located, over the weekend to get gas, and noticed that Quaker Steak had a huge outdoor area, with a live band playing......crowded place. I'm not that familiar with this chain.....is this something they do at all locations? The live band thing?

According to the "Manager of Franchise Administration & Executive Assistant to the Board", it looks like they're shooting for an early November opening.

Just thought I'd keep you guys updated, but I wish it was sooner.