Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iCOLUMBIA

Theme park for Columbia

8 posts in this topic

there should be a theme park in columbia because theres alot of land in the area that can be used for theme park uses.I think that there should be a theme park on the river front on broad river rd.

heres my website http://www.freewebs.com/growingup15/

While it would be cool to have a theme park in Columbia, there are already 2 theme parks in South Carolina so I'm afraid it wouldn't be financially feasible until the state's population has grown some more. We do have the advantage of having 3 interstate highways, though, so there are a lot of travelers coming through the area.

It would have to compete against Carowinds and the new Hard Rock Park. Doesn't seem likely it will happen.

What ever happened to that water park that was proposed up over near St Andrews or Irmo?

What ever happened to that water park that was proposed up over near St Andrews or Irmo?

I definitely think Columbia would do better with a big water park. Maybe an indoor amusement park like DisneyQuest would work, though.

It would have to compete against Carowinds and the new Hard Rock Park. Doesn't seem likely it will happen.

Carowinds is only an hour away. I don't think Columbia could have something at that magnitude. But something like DisneyQuest would definately work. I love going there every time I go to Downtown Disney in Orlando.