World Trade Center

nashvylle

I got an email yesterday from the Nashville Business Journal that Nashville might be getting a World Trade Center downtown. I would love this, and think it would be awesome. I believe this really helped cities such as Dallas and Atlanta move forward in their downtown development. Does anyone know anything more about this topic, or what kind of effect this would have on Nashville? Please someone read that article!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw something about it a week or two ago, but I have no clue how this will impact Nashville. :dontknow: Sorry.

It's basically a building, or buildings, that are set aside for companies with international business. There are incentives to set up shop there and do business there and they offer a competitive advantage over some cities. Plus, they help increase your visibility on the world marketplace. The WTC Organization is the same as the one that governed the WTC Towers in New York. The closest cities with WTC's are Atlanta (I think) and Lexington, Kentucky.

It's basically a building, or buildings, that are set aside for companies with international business. There are incentives to set up shop there and do business there and they offer a competitive advantage over some cities. Plus, they help increase your visibility on the world marketplace. The WTC Organization is the same as the one that governed the WTC Towers in New York. The closest cities with WTC's are Atlanta (I think) and Lexington, Kentucky.

The World Trade Center in NYC was built, owned and operated by The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. Just two months before Sept. 11, 2001 a long-term lease was executed with Silverstein Properties. As such, Silverstein is calling most of the shots of the redevelopment of the site. The land at ground zero is still owned by the Port Authority of NY & NJ.

If this is done, I wonder if new buildings will be constructed or will they use existing ones?

They haven't made it that far yet. If they do go for a bew building, I am sure there is some special funding available for a project like this. Not real sure though.

In order to justify a new building, you'd have to get the companies that are international and based in Nashville/surrounding areas to agree to help with funding for the building, I believe.

So it would be a matter of going after people like Pearl Drums, Gibson, Healthways, and about every healthcare company in Cool Springs to change locations. Will this happen in Nashville in the next five years, more than likely not.

The World Trade Center in NYC was built, owned and operated by The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. Just two months before Sept. 11, 2001 a long-term lease was executed with Silverstein Properties. As such, Silverstein is calling most of the shots of the redevelopment of the site. The land at ground zero is still owned by the Port Authority of NY & NJ.

That's who owned them I know. The WTC is a world wide group kind of like the Better Business Bureau I guess.

In order to justify a new building, you'd have to get the companies that are international and based in Nashville/surrounding areas to agree to help with funding for the building, I believe.

So it would be a matter of going after people like Pearl Drums, Gibson, Healthways, and about every healthcare company in Cool Springs to change locations. Will this happen in Nashville in the next five years, more than likely not.

That would be what was needed for the most part I guess, but you have to imagine that if something like that was going to be constructed, you might also get relocation of some companies who see the benefits of being located within that.

• 2 years later...

Archived