PROPOSED: Marriott Residence Inn

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parking lot and concerningly low cost aside, it is good to see development continue, especially on the fringe of the area of the city that is basically the mojave parking desert, and especially in the current economic climate.

I mean, right now its one huge parking lot - at least it will be transformed into an 8 story structure with a smaller parking lot...

...right??

[/glass half full view of this proposal]

I can already tell you how this is going to play out. They are going to get all their permits and demo the parking lot, then at the last minute the project will be put on hold and instead they will build a parking lot.

And they are one of the few discount hotels that allow pet's. But what we need next downtown is a 25 story Embassey Suites Hotel connected to the convention center. There is not one of these in the metro area and this would be a nice addition.

I see the need for this proposed hotel. What I don't understand is why the high high end hotels such as the W are not "in progress". You would think that the last hotel customer to be affected in an economy such as this would be the customer who can afford to travel in """luxury""""

I see the need for this proposed hotel. What I don't understand is why the high high end hotels such as the W are not "in progress". You would think that the last hotel customer to be affected in an economy such as this would be the customer who can afford to travel in """luxury""""

This will be the first new building/project east of downcity in many years. You could almost call it the first proposal in the old harbor district. Even if not physically in that area being built because of it's central location in the newly expanded downtown. Which will hopefully attact other development to fill in the other surface lots.

Mental 757, please add to current projects list with a completion date of 2010.

Archived