The Vatican reported today that its ok to believe in aliens.

cityboi

"As there is a multiplicity of creatures on earth, so there may be other beings, intelligent, created by God. This does not conflict with our faith, because we cannot put limits on the creative freedom of God."

"He said human beings could even consider aliens "brother extraterrestrials" because they, too, would be part of God's creation."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,355400,00.html

What does this mean for the church in general? More than 50% of Americans believe we have been visited by extraterestrials and more and more people in very high governemnet positions are coming out and saying that everything we thought of as science fiction in regards to aliens are true. Maybe the world is slowly being prepared for an official disclosure for what the governments know about UFOs.

LOL......2012 is just around the corner and supposedly some major event is suppose to take place on December 21, 2012.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Vatican has yet to report how it figures to survive in this modern world, as it is now it's slowly fading away and losing to Pentecostalism in South America and Africa, evangelicalism or apathy in the United States, atheism and apathy in Europe.

Little announcements like the one here on aliens are mixed signals and do nothing to actually give comfort or meaning to the faithful.

The timing of the vatican reporting this is odd because also yesterday The British government released its top secret files on UFOs. And today NASA has called a press conference for a major announcement. Im sure it has nothing to do with UFOs but the timing of all these announcements may not be a coincidence and may have been orchestrated. Also about a month ago. High ranking government personal had said there is a "window of opportunity" to disclose the UFO phenomena during this presidential election.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7398108.stm

sketch made by British police officer from declassified files

_44651303_saucer2_226.jpg

The point I was trying to make was not what NASA had to say at the press conference but the timing of having a press conference with "BIG NEWS" the day after the vatican says its ok to believe in aliens and the day after the British government released files on UFOs. NASA made the press conference announcement as if it were some HUGE. Maybe they are trying give little hints.

And I'll reiterate, what those preachers in Rome think about aliens is about as profound as what I think about about aliens. i.e. not profound at all. Those priests have no more special insight than anyone else. That's why I could care less what they say.

Its a really odd coinicdence in the timing of the conference. Obviously what was talked about in the NASA conference had nothing to do with the Vatican saying its ok to believe in UFOs. Its the timing of the conference and the fact that NASA blew it out of proportion as if they were about to announce something far greater. Alot of people were making that conncetion on blogs and other forums.

Yes sweeping generalizations are part and parcel of my social commentary. :) .....keeps people awake....sometimes!

My point is that I find it bizarre that so many people would assume those old geezers in the Vatican have some sort of special insight that the rest of us don't have. Usually people who claim that god speaks to them are mentally ill. Why are those priests not seen as whackos too?

And I'll reiterate, what those preachers in Rome think about aliens is about as profound as what I think about about aliens. i.e. not profound at all. Those priests have no more special insight than anyone else. That's why I could care less what they say.

Yes sweeping generalizations are part and parcel of my social commentary.:).....keeps people awake....sometimes!

My point is that I find it bizarre that so many people would assume those old geezers in the Vatican have some sort of special insight that the rest of us don't have. Usually people who claim that god speaks to them are mentally ill. Why are those priests not seen as whackos too?

As crazy as it may sound that we may have indeed been visited, its still possible. Personally I believe there are other intellegent beings out there. Its naive to think that earth is the only planet in the universe that supports life and intellegent life. I think most people believe there is intellegent life out there but thats not where the debate is. The debate is have we been visited. I believe it to be highly possible due to whats been recorded in ancient text, the Bible and the "coming out" of many top military personel, astronauts, CIA agents, former NASA heads, ect. These are not crack head people who say "I was abducted and had sex with an alien". These people are saying that yes UFOs have been visiting earth since the begining, which explains alot of what the ancients saw. In fact they may be the source of their gods. When you have VERY credible people saying these things it makes you scratch your head. One example is a man name Ben Rich. He was the "father of stealth technology". He was vice-president for Lockheed and he has worked at Area 51. At a speech a month before he died of cancer he said "we now have the means to travel among the stars but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to get them to benefit humanity"

More of Ben Rich's comments

"there are two kinds of UFOs. The ones we make and the ones the extraterrestrials make"

"if you've seen it in Star Trek, we've already done it"

"we have things out in the desert that are 50 years ahead of publically known technology and it will be another 50 years before they are declassified"

Ben Rich said these things knowing he was going to die. He wasnt seeking fame and making up a tale would hurt his reputation and legacy. So you have to ask why he would say these things?

according to this article, the "United Nations may recognize alien UFO visitations". The article states there have been UN meetings that involved members of the Vatican. Maybe world leaders are trying to orchestrate a disclosure process. Its interestring that the Vatican has been in these closed door meetings with the UN and now they are saying its ok the believe in aliens. This is coming from church of all places. You would think the church would be the biggest skeptic there is yet they are welcoming the belief in the existance of extraterrestrials.

http://www.aufosg.com/index.php?option=com...99&Itemid=1

"if you've seen it in Star Trek, we've already done it"

One thing I'd like to add, Some may say well I guess we've figure out how to do what Scottie did on Star Trek "Beam my up Scottie"

consider this, teleportation is technically possible. Scientists have demonstrated this in a lab with electrons. Now the question is, is there an advanced physics that can take things further and accomplish what we think of as an impossible feat? Are there different laws of physics elsewhere in the universe?

you'd be surprised how intelligent many of those at the vatican are. you may not agree with their religious beliefs, but hundreds of millions of people do. priests aren't consider wackos because they're not trying to have sex with lots of little girls or boys (ignoring the few bad apples that got a lot of press in the US). they're actually quite intelligent and don't claim god speaks directly to them. they're not david koresh or warren jeffs. those guys are/were messed up in the head. are you going to dismiss all religious figures as being wackos? it's obvious you don't know a whole lot about them if that's the case. i'm not a religious person and i have my issues with organized religion in general, but i was raised catholic and do take some serious offense to what you have been saying.

I'm not sure that is what he meant, to me it reads as if he questioning putting someone's judgement beyond your own. That might make sense for children and the mentally challenged, but otherwise I agree, and am big fan of thinking for one's self, even if that means disagreeing with some part of a doctrine in which you are otherwise a faithful practioner.

Religious people usually do look to their priests, pastors, amans, etc. for moral/spiritual guidance and advice, but I think we can agree that they would have no more knowledge about or divine insight into the acceptability of belief in aliens than anyone else.

Then again, if god dwells elsewhere, doesn't that make him/her an alien anyway? :)

Archived