Rollin' on the rivers

I apologize in advance for my ignorance on this subject, but I just need a few tips on where to start.

I'd like to hit the rivers and lakes (Harpeth, Percy Preist, etc.) a bit this summer. However, I live in a townhouse and I don't have the room to store a canoe or kayak. I also have a small 2-door car, so toting around a friend's boat isn't really a possibility. Are there any shops that will rent a boat to me for the day and help me with transportation back (if I'm on the river?)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I apologize in advance for my ignorance on this subject, but I just need a few tips on where to start.

I'd like to hit the rivers and lakes (Harpeth, Percy Preist, etc.) a bit this summer. However, I live in a townhouse and I don't have the room to store a canoe or kayak. I also have a small 2-door car, so toting around a friend's boat isn't really a possibility. Are there any shops that will rent a boat to me for the day and help me with transportation back (if I'm on the river?)

Not very familiar with PP, however with regards to the Harpeth, there are many choices for this, most prominently is Tip-a-Canoe, however, as I found last Saturday doing this very task, there are many different vendors along HWY 70 near the river that offer drop off/pick up canoe/kayak rentals.

I think Long Hunter State Park rents canoes at Percy Priest as well. I was out there last year and remember seeing them. I think there are others. Try a Google search for "Nashville and canoe rental".

BTW, welcome to the forum again.

Good Luck and happy sailing. :)

Archived