Good Breakfast

ForrestGreen08

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I typically just have a low-fat blueberry yogurt (anti-oxidants!) or a banana (sometimes both if I'm hungry). Occasionally I'll have some whole grain cereal with some granola on top (from Whole Foods...it is divine!) and 1% milk of course!

Depends on where I am, and what I'm doing.

If I go to work for 7 am, I tend to bring along stuff like Nutri-grain bars or Pop Tarts. Sometimes I'd be tempted to stop at Dunkin Donuts instead (I did on Monday).

If I go to work for 8 am, I have a few frozen waffles at the home before leaving.

On weekends I tend to skip breakfast unless I'm out of town. Or maybe just go to the frozen waffles.

If I'm out of town, I'm with whatever. If wherever I'm staying has breakfast, that. If I feel like going to the diner, I'll go to the diner and get something. (Did that on Saturday.)

Usually a sausage biscuit from Bojangle's. Those things are great.

The problem is that a single sausage biscuit from Bojangles costs you 23 grams of fat (7g of that is saturated mind you) and a ton of sodium. Keep in mind that this is roughly 35% of the recommended daily consumption of fats (saturated and non) and sodium.

Yes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day but that only rings true if you have something such as whole grains or fruits. I hate that fast food joints like Hardees and McDonald's have put so much of their marketing efforts into driving the idea that any breakfast is a good breakfast in America.

Probably 95% of the time I have a bowl of cereal with strawberries on top and if I have any, a glass of OJ. I usually go with cereal like Cheerios, Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, or Raisin Bran. None of those sugary cereals for me. I only eat at McDonalds if I am running late for work and don't have time to sit down and eat.

I try not to eat breakfast from fast food joints, but instead try to eat something from home before I leave for work, like cereal or a pastry thing. If you guys like whole wheat cereals with fruits and nuts, you would probably be interested in LiveActive. Not only does it taste good, but it also keeps your digestive system on track. Cool huh?

The problem is that a single sausage biscuit from Bojangles costs you 23 grams of fat (7g of that is saturated mind you) and a ton of sodium. Keep in mind that this is roughly 35% of the recommended daily consumption of fats (saturated and non) and sodium.

Yes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day but that only rings true if you have something such as whole grains or fruits. I hate that fast food joints like Hardees and McDonald's have put so much of their marketing efforts into driving the idea that any breakfast is a good breakfast in America.

i don't usually pay attention to my calorie or fat intake. as long as i exercise and stay in shape, what difference does it make?

i usually have a large bowl of frosted mini wheats with 1% milk (i can't stand skim or whole milk). i need some sugar in my cereal and cereal is the only thing that can really get me going. it also helps keep me flowing...

i don't usually pay attention to my calorie or fat intake. as long as i exercise and stay in shape, what difference does it make?

Well, you can ask your doctor about it on your next physical, but it makes a huge difference in your overall health. You'll increase your risk for heart problems for one, and no, exercise alone isn't going to keep that from happening...it is a balance of exercise and eating healthy.

I'm not one to count calories but I have very high cholesterol (not because of what I eat) so I am somewhat forced to eat pretty healthy almost all the time. I do occasionally get a burger and fries, but it may only be three or four days out of the month that I eat fast food like that. The saturated fats (and especially trans fats) are dangerous to your body in high quantities (trans fats in pretty much any quantity) and unfortunately most food in America that is bought prepared behind a counter contains a good bit of it.

Well, you can ask your doctor about it on your next physical, but it makes a huge difference in your overall health. You'll increase your risk for heart problems for one, and no, exercise alone isn't going to keep that from happening...it is a balance of exercise and eating healthy.

I'm not one to count calories but I have very high cholesterol (not because of what I eat) so I am somewhat forced to eat pretty healthy almost all the time. I do occasionally get a burger and fries, but it may only be three or four days out of the month that I eat fast food like that. The saturated fats (and especially trans fats) are dangerous to your body in high quantities (trans fats in pretty much any quantity) and unfortunately most food in America that is bought prepared behind a counter contains a good bit of it.

• 3 weeks later...

They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and you get a lot of your energy from it. I'm happy to hear that you eat breakfast Jim. Did you happen to check out the LiveActive cereals? They have a mixed berry crunch and a nut harvest crunch. Both are made with whole grain flakes, and berries/nuts respectively. You should check it out.

Archived