Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

New VW plant in West Michigan's future?

5 posts in this topic

Michigan is on the short list with Alabama and Tennessee for the possibility of a new VW plant to be built in North America.

Rick Haglund of the Press makes a pretty good argument of why Michigan might stand a good chance. I would also add that in addition to the scores of German manufacturers in Michigan that would provide a ready-to-go supply base (with cheaper shipping costs than trucking to the deep South), but also Birgit Klohs of the Right Place Program is German, has a lot of connections in Germany, and has been very instrumental in luring quite a few German companies to West Michigan.

Even if it were built in the outlying areas like Lowell, Wayland, Coopersville or Jamestown Twp, it'd be a HUGE boost to the local economy.

A couple of years ago when there was all this talk about Toyota coming to West Michigan, does anyone remember were the rumored sites would have been? Personally, I think this is a long shot for Michigan and a longer shot for W Michigan.

A couple of years ago when there was all this talk about Toyota coming to West Michigan, does anyone remember were the rumored sites would have been? Personally, I think this is a long shot for Michigan and a longer shot for W Michigan.

Michigan is on the short list with Alabama and Tennessee for the possibility of a new VW plant to be built in North America.

Rick Haglund of the Press makes a pretty good argument of why Michigan might stand a good chance. I would also add that in addition to the scores of German manufacturers in Michigan that would provide a ready-to-go supply base (with cheaper shipping costs than trucking to the deep South), but also Birgit Klohs of the Right Place Program is German, has a lot of connections in Germany, and has been very instrumental in luring quite a few German companies to West Michigan.

Even if it were built in the outlying areas like Lowell, Wayland, Coopersville or Jamestown Twp, it'd be a HUGE boost to the local economy.