Publications about Greenville/Upstate

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Fort Wayne, Indiana, recently sent another delegation to Greenville and a review has been published:

http://www.journalgazette.net/opinion/columns/20180903/consistent-vision

Our observation is that extraordinary cities such as Greenville (or Chattanooga, or Denver, or Providence, or ...) don't just happen. Successful cities are very intentional in working to advance a long-term vision. They think boldly. They plan. They collaborate and implement. They make mistakes and learn. They build trust. They succeed. They celebrate!

Greenville's success is due to a relentless focus on the basics.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, gman430 said:

Good to see but it doesn't fit the criteria of the article. The article is about cities who were badly hit by the recession who recovered strongly. Greenville fared very well relatively during the recession.  The article further points to the creation of Falls Park to illustrate how it recovered, but as we all know, it came years before the recession. :rolleyes:

Edited by distortedlogic
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, vicupstate said:

That's quite interesting! I welcome it based on some of the reporting we've seen from The Greenville News and the Community Journals. There's good, but there's also just some lazy or bad mixed in. I'm hopeful that some competition should help raise the bar. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 10:34 AM, vicupstate said:

Great video from the city celebrating Mayor White's 25th year in office.  The shots of DT from the past are worse than I even remember from when I moved here in '96.

Mayor White marks 25 years as Mayor

Great vid...I worked DT for a number of years during mid-70s - mid 80s....it was depressing.  Mayor Max Heller was probably most instrumental with energizing...bringing back life to DT.  Mayor White has done an outstanding job with his energy & vision to make Greenville a dynamic city today.  Thank you Mayor for your hard work and utilizing the foundation Mayor Heller created. 

Edited by cabelagent

Not sure if this was posted already.  I was reading the article about people leaving NYC and San Francisco and googled where people are moving to and this popped up.  Greenville is ranked in the top 10 smaller metro areas that people are moving to according to the story which doesnt say much other than our rank on the list and that most of the people moving here are from NYC and how about Bob Villa? Haven't heard that name in a long time.  I used to watch This Old House with my dad all the time back in the day....

https://www.bobvila.com/slideshow/the-top-10-u-s-towns-people-are-moving-to-in-2020-and-the-big-cities-they-re-coming-from-577978

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 10:37 AM, gvegascple said:

Not sure if this was posted already.  I was reading the article about people leaving NYC and San Francisco and googled where people are moving to and this popped up.  Greenville is ranked in the top 10 smaller metro areas that people are moving to according to the story which doesnt say much other than our rank on the list and that most of the people moving here are from NYC and how about Bob Villa? Haven't heard that name in a long time.  I used to watch This Old House with my dad all the time back in the day....

https://www.bobvila.com/slideshow/the-top-10-u-s-towns-people-are-moving-to-in-2020-and-the-big-cities-they-re-coming-from-577978

Not bad. I wish we could get these articles to use a different Greenville pic. It seems like all these articles have that exact same one of the green footbridge and the flood control gates.  There are literally a thousand nicer pics they could use. Who submits these pics? The Knoxville pic is waaay nicer, and we have flood gates in our.