Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

Chevrolet vs Citroen

11 posts in this topic

We have seen this here before on Urban Planet. Great advertising.

Ummmm. Interesting. Not sure how that would entice someone to buy their car though.

Interesting question - notice in the second ad, they are talking with American accents, but driving European models. Over here when advertisers want to make their ads more enticing, they use English or Australian accents. Do they use American accents in Europe to make their ads more appealing?

^My guess would be that GM just screwed that part up with their ad.

Good point. The guy in the red car also got in on the left side, so that would not be England then.

I really could not place the skyline but the advert does plainly say chevroleteurope.com . Maybe it was filmed elsewhere but meant for a UK audience.

This car gets 39 mpg and 61 mpg for the two different engines. Wonder why Chevrolet doesn't sell a car like this in the USA?

Look at the website for this car here. Wait for it to load then move the slider to unreal.

The three door Aveo model shown in Europe actually looks pretty slick.. but the Aveo's sold here are mostly bargain basement models..

I saw another commercial for the car on Chevrolet's UK site, it definitely had right hand drive but was evidently filmed in what appears to be Southern California. They've got some nice models there, the MPV they had was very 'unique.'

I really could not place the skyline but the advert does plainly say chevroleteurope.com . Maybe it was filmed elsewhere but meant for a UK audience.

It is my understanding that most of these ads are filmed in Vancouver FWIW.

Citroen is best known for the 2CV, a car that was as iconic as the VW Beetle at least out side North America. A few were sold here in the USA. Someone made a parody of the C4 Advert. :rofl:

The European Chevy models are mostly Daewoo models. Some of their models are sold as Suzuki's over here, but not many. Seems few non-luxury models seem tobe sold both in Europe AND the US.

This is the 2009 Chevy Aveo. The US website only has a picture of the 5 door version. Hopefully they will come out with a 3 door version. And I like the look of the new one a lot better than the old one.

2009 Aveo