Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ivory Tower

Pistons, NBA Champs

This feels kind of weird but good at the same time.

The last time they won a championship was 14 years ago, and since then they have had hard luck.

Then it seems like almost overnight that they did it again. B)

I'm still bummed that the Wings choked in the playoffs though. :(

I just got up...I was out celebrating last night/this morning. Anyway, it was a great series.

I'll be there! After the parade, I'll be touring the city, getting photos for yet another Detroit thread. I figure as long as I'm down there, I'll make a whole day out of it.

It was a good series. That is good news for detroit although their football team needs a little work.

They have a football team? lol

Congrats to my rust belt brothers in Mo-Town! ;)

Congradulations Detroit!

here's a pic of your mayor celebrating

09afterglow0615.jpg

Your mayor looks like Bosephus VERY COOL! :lol:

Was there any rioting?

No rioting, just partying. The police had everything under control. There were a few hundred people partying in Royal Oak, and a few hundred downtown, but the crowds were actually pretty quiet.

Here's the article from the Free Press this morning about the crowds. Some fireworks and celebratory gunfire, but other than that, not much else. The Freep Article

Jimmy Kimmel should be made to fly to Detroit and eat crow at the Palace lol! Maybe they could pay-per-view it ;)

Yeah, in addition to being an underdog team facing against the team most everybody thought would win it all, the Pistons were the first team in who knows how long to prove that a well-rounded roster with determination can beat the hype that Shaq and Kobe have. Probably the most stunning result I've seen in the NBA yet.

I'm really happy I got tickets to two of the playoff games. The ambience at Pistons games is the best. Also, if you have a cable modem or better, you might want to check out the movie in my signature.

Guest donaltopablo

Pistons simply out played the Lakers. Better team chemistry, worked harder. I like the Lakers, but I also like seeing the underdog win out of hardwork over what is normally considered a better team with far less chemistry and desire.

It's time people let the past go.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry for posting so late, but I'm just catching up on this forum.....

Not sure if anyone heard about this, but Bubba, the man who put the words "RIOT" into the words detRIOT, recently passed away.

bubba_inset.jpg

After his 15 minutes of fame posing in front of a buring police car in 1984, his life went downhill. He never got over his 15 minutes. Sad story....

Why folks still branish Detroit as a riot town is beyond me. How many championships have we celebrated since Oct 1984?

Pistons - 3

Red Wings - 3

Spartins Hoops - 1

Michigan Hoops - 1

Michigan Football - 1

Shock - 1

Lions - 0

And how many riots were there?????

Hey I would riot every time the MIGHTY SHOCK win it all! lol. Some of that was the time period and sport, Michigan isnt in the heart of the city and hockey fans don't really riot (unless you're in Canada and your waiting for your first cup since 1993). It was impressive though that there was no massive riot with the Pistons and Wings, but I am surprised there has been no uprising with the Lions . . . if I was a fan I'd keep burning until the Vikings or Falcons moved to town lol.