Pistons, NBA Champs

Ivory Tower

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there any rioting?

No rioting, just partying. The police had everything under control. There were a few hundred people partying in Royal Oak, and a few hundred downtown, but the crowds were actually pretty quiet.

Here's the article from the Free Press this morning about the crowds. Some fireworks and celebratory gunfire, but other than that, not much else. The Freep Article

Yeah, in addition to being an underdog team facing against the team most everybody thought would win it all, the Pistons were the first team in who knows how long to prove that a well-rounded roster with determination can beat the hype that Shaq and Kobe have. Probably the most stunning result I've seen in the NBA yet.

Guest donaltopablo

Pistons simply out played the Lakers. Better team chemistry, worked harder. I like the Lakers, but I also like seeing the underdog win out of hardwork over what is normally considered a better team with far less chemistry and desire.

• 4 months later...

It's time people let the past go.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry for posting so late, but I'm just catching up on this forum.....

Not sure if anyone heard about this, but Bubba, the man who put the words "RIOT" into the words detRIOT, recently passed away.

bubba_inset.jpg

After his 15 minutes of fame posing in front of a buring police car in 1984, his life went downhill. He never got over his 15 minutes. Sad story....

Why folks still branish Detroit as a riot town is beyond me. How many championships have we celebrated since Oct 1984?

Pistons - 3

Red Wings - 3

Spartins Hoops - 1

Michigan Hoops - 1

Michigan Football - 1

Shock - 1

Lions - 0

And how many riots were there?????

Hey I would riot every time the MIGHTY SHOCK win it all! lol. Some of that was the time period and sport, Michigan isnt in the heart of the city and hockey fans don't really riot (unless you're in Canada and your waiting for your first cup since 1993). It was impressive though that there was no massive riot with the Pistons and Wings, but I am surprised there has been no uprising with the Lions . . . if I was a fan I'd keep burning until the Vikings or Falcons moved to town lol.

Archived