Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigboyz05

Uptown Changes Come Downtown

9 posts in this topic

The current energy in downtown economic development is being generated from a multitude of directions including renovation, reconstruction, renewed leases and infrastructure improvements. When the second phase of the Burrhman Pharr loft project is completed it will have 40 lofts as well as retail below. The first phase is at 100% occupancy with 30 on the waiting list. Purple Rain is a new entertainment venue set to open in a few weeks. A Main Street official from Little Rock said this may be the largest entertainment venue of it's type in Ark. Via Roma, a fine dining restaurant, will open soon. The food is authentic Italian and is cooked by a chef trained in a culinary university in the Dominican Republic. The former Ritchie Grocery building is being renovated into apartments. New office space is set to begin construction this summer. Cinema 218 will soon reopen downtown. In another building downstairs will be an artists studio/gallery, the mid level will be a restaurant and the top will be lofts. There is an air of excitement buzzing downtown and more is to come.

The current energy in downtown economic development is being generated from a multitude of directions including renovation, reconstruction, renewed leases and infrastructure improvements. When the second phase of the Burrhman Pharr loft project is completed it will have 40 lofts as well as retail below. The first phase is at 100% occupancy with 30 on the waiting list. Purple Rain is a new entertainment venue set to open in a few weeks. A Main Street official from Little Rock said this may be the largest entertainment venue of it's type in Ark. Via Roma, a fine dining restaurant, will open soon. The food is authentic Italian and is cooked by a chef trained in a culinary university in the Dominican Republic. The former Ritchie Grocery building is being renovated into apartments. New office space is set to begin construction this summer. Cinema 218 will soon reopen downtown. In another building downstairs will be an artists studio/gallery, the mid level will be a restaurant and the top will be lofts. There is an air of excitement buzzing downtown and more is to come.

Wow, I didn't know that. Which major city in NWA has the best downtown in your opinion?

Wow, I didn't know that. Which major city in NWA has the best downtown in your opinion?

I'd probably say Fayetteville, but maybe that's because I live here. Rogers has a number of nice old building in it's downtown. But Rogers seems to be mainly focusing on the Pinnacle area on the west side of Rogers right now. Bentonville's isn't bad either but I'm not sure how much activity goes on in theirs.

I'd probably say Fayetteville, but maybe that's because I live here. Rogers has a number of nice old building in it's downtown. But Rogers seems to be mainly focusing on the Pinnacle area on the west side of Rogers right now. Bentonville's isn't bad either but I'm not sure how much activity goes on in theirs.

First off, awesome to hear about the action down that way! Hope it continues. Texarkana is in a prime location for generating growth.

I agree that Fayetteville still has the prime downtown in NWA. Bentonville is second. Bentonville D/T is a fairly hopping area during the day as I understand it but does die down a lot at night. Rogers is more or less letting its D/T rot away. One of my favorite coffee shops in NWA is in D/T Rogers, The Iron Horse. I hope they can stay afloat or maybe move to a better location. Rogers has SO much untapped potential there.