Michigan Avenue Streetwall

Libertarian

• 2 months later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll admit the facadectomies have gotten a bit out of control. The athletic club is an amazing building on the interior, so I'd be devastated to see any altering of the building.. The Legacy is a different story. The back parts of the buildings which were demoed had no interesting interiors, and therefore the tower was worth it with the preservation of the original facade. The athletic club is a building valuable inside and outside. I'd seriously block any alterations to this structure, although I'm not opposed to a well concealed addition.

As you move closer to Roosevelt, there is some parking lots. I wouldn't mind some towers fronting Mich Ave with heights no more than 20 stories. Behind these some taller towers can rise. It's far down Mich Ave enough that the historic character isn't disturbed.

Archived