Education in Northwest Arkansas

We have a topic dealing with the U of A, granted it's usually referring to building developments and so on. I thought we had a topic like this already but I didn't see one and could only find one in the main Arkansas subforum. Newsweek released this years rankings of high schools. Bentonville was the top school for NWA at 486th. Fayetteville was next at 536th. Rogers came in at 1243rd and Springdale wasn't high up enough to show up in the rankings. Other schools in Arkansas did well as well. FS Southside showed up at 625th. A couple of Little Rock schools really did well. LR Mills came in at 111th and LR Central came in at a remarkable 36th. Very impressive to have an Arkansas school rate that well on a national level. Bentonville seems to have really moved up in the last few years. Fayetteville seems to keep bouncing around the 450 to 650 range over the last few years. I'm curious to see if some of the NWA schools might be able to move up a bit more in the rankings in future years. By the way here's a lionk to the rankings.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/39380

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's always nice to see that, it reminds me that this is a good area to raise a family in, low crime and an excellent educational system. It doesn't surprise me a whole lot that Springdale wasn't as highly ranked as other NWA cities, their system is a bit more complex and faces a few unique, or more amplified, issues that can affect things they might be ranked on.

It's always nice to see that, it reminds me that this is a good area to raise a family in, low crime and an excellent educational system. It doesn't surprise me a whole lot that Springdale wasn't as highly ranked as other NWA cities, their system is a bit more complex and faces a few unique, or more amplified, issues that can affect things they might be ranked on.

Archived