Arkansas River Trail

The Arkansas River Trail is becoming a focal point for business development. Orbea, a distributor of Spanish bikes assembled in Argenta will soon be joined on the north side by Competitive Cyclist. Competitive Cyclist is relocating from Little Rock to the the NorthShore Business Park. Their location will be close to the Big Dam Bridge and the river trail. Orbea is located a few blocks north of the river trail. It is time for a major effort to finish the trail.

Competitive Cyclist is an online retailer of high end road and mountain bikes. Rendering of their new location.

competivecyclistqt3.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Arkansas River Trail is becoming a focal point for business development. Orbea, a distributor of Spanish bikes assembled in Argenta will soon be joined on the north side by Competitive Cyclist. Competitive Cyclist is relocating from Little Rock to the the NorthShore Business Park. Their location will be close to the Big Dam Bridge and the river trail. Orbea is located a few blocks north of the river trail. It is time for a major effort to finish the trail.

Competitive Cyclist is an online retailer of high end road and mountain bikes. Rendering of their new location.

competivecyclistqt3.jpg

I think the NLR side is far superior to the LR side at the moment. LR needs to finish the trail downtown and somehow connect it to the trail by Dillard's. It will also be nice if and when LR finishes the portion in WLR out towards Maumelle Park.

I think the NLR side is far superior to the LR side at the moment. LR needs to finish the trail downtown and somehow connect it to the trail by Dillard's. It will also be nice if and when LR finishes the portion in WLR out towards Maumelle Park.

In all fairness the NLR trail was easy, most of it was already there. The trail connecting Riverdale to downtown isn't easy because of the topography and already developed land.

• 1 year later...

A few updates in the River Trail. Work will begin soon on the Rock Island Bridge that will connect the east side of the River Trail between NLR/LR. Also, work is in progress on the Two Rivers Bridge just west of the Little Rock side of the I-430 Bridge. It will link the River Trail to the 1,000 acre Two Rivers Park.

Pictures from the Big Dam Bridge.

p1080212.jpg

p1080217.jpg

p1080227.jpg

p1080230.jpg

p1080233.jpg

p1080238.jpg

p1080242.jpg

p1080250e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Guess I hadn't heard about the Two Rivers Bridge before. Sounds like you'll have a pretty nice trail system down there. I wish we could get the same sort of funding for the trail system here in Fayetteville. The more I see of this the more I want to head down there sometime and check it out.

Guess I hadn't heard about the Two Rivers Bridge before. Sounds like you'll have a pretty nice trail system down there. I wish we could get the same sort of funding for the trail system here in Fayetteville. The more I see of this the more I want to head down there sometime and check it out.

You guys have a pretty good trail system yourself! I was on a relay team in the Hogeye Marathon and ran from the Joyce Boulevard to the Square on the Skull Creek Trail. Very nice. Oh, and there is one tunnel that was SO welcome during that race. It was very nice and cool and the Marathon was on the hottest day of the year, I believe!

You guys have a pretty good trail system yourself! I was on a relay team in the Hogeye Marathon and ran from the Joyce Boulevard to the Square on the Skull Creek Trail. Very nice. Oh, and there is one tunnel that was SO welcome during that race. It was very nice and cool and the Marathon was on the hottest day of the year, I believe!

Yeah I am happy with our trail system as well. But I would imagine those bridges cost a lot more than just putting a little concrete or asphalt down. Although going over the water I guess you don't have the cost of buying as much property.

• 1 year later...

The Two Rivers Bridge opened yesterday for public use. Crossing the I-430 Bridge you could see people using the new bridge down below.

Metroplan will also start the design work for the connector link to finish the River Trail. The design work will be for property behind the Dillard's HQ on Cantrell Road.

The Clinton Foundation has announced that the grand opening for the Clinton Presidential Park Bridge will be held September 30th.

The Two Rivers Bridge opened yesterday for public use. Crossing the I-430 Bridge you could see people using the new bridge down below.

Metroplan will also start the design work for the connector link to finish the River Trail. The design work will be for property behind the Dillard's HQ on Cantrell Road.

The Clinton Foundation has announced that the grand opening for the Clinton Presidential Park Bridge will be held September 30th.

I heard work will begin soon on the final portion of the Big Dam Bridge. The Little Rock side of the BDB was designed to end in a "Y" but with no real reason for the western arm of the "Y", it was not constructed. Now with the completion of the Two Rivers Bridge, the western arm will be constructed. Those crossing the BDB will have a choice of taking an eastern or western ramp. Currently, to head from North Little Rock side to the TRB, you go away from the TRB and loop back under the BDB.

Anybody else heard this?

Walked over the Two Rivers Bridge. Even though it was in the 90's there was a nice breeze once you got on the bridge.

Thanks fore the pics. One of these days I've got to head down there and take my bicycle and check it out.

Our Capitol city is so beautiful. Especially on the west side of town. Those are some awesome pics. I guess we can say that we have something unique in Little Rock with all the pedestrian bridges and great trail system. I'll be even happier when it is complete.

Our Capitol city is so beautiful. Especially on the west side of town. Those are some awesome pics. I guess we can say that we have something unique in Little Rock with all the pedestrian bridges and great trail system. I'll be even happier when it is complete.

• 4 weeks later...

I heard work will begin soon on the final portion of the Big Dam Bridge. The Little Rock side of the BDB was designed to end in a "Y" but with no real reason for the western arm of the "Y", it was not constructed. Now with the completion of the Two Rivers Bridge, the western arm will be constructed. Those crossing the BDB will have a choice of taking an eastern or western ramp. Currently, to head from North Little Rock side to the TRB, you go away from the TRB and loop back under the BDB.

Anybody else heard this?

Signs suggest the western ramp on the LR side will be completed in October of 2012.

competivecyclistqt3.jpg

Read last week where Competitive Cyclist was sold Backcountry.com. Look for the building to be for lease soon. Employees were given an option of moving to Utah where Backcountry.com is headquartered.

Two Rivers Bridge will be closed for a few days next week so LED lights can be installed. I was driving over I-430 Monday evening and there didn't look like there were any empty spaces in the parking lot. Does anyone know of any plans to improve River Mountain Rd from Cantrell to the Bridge? It would be nice if a bike lane was added and a nice sign st River Mountain/ Cantrell directing  people to the Bridge. Cantrell Rd between I-430 and Rodney Parham is also in need of some work. The median looks like an eyesore.

• 2 months later...

Archived