Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thirdday2002

Local News in HD

3 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone has heard any info about 2, 4, or 17 going hd in their local news anytime soon? Channel 5 in hd looks great! I know that the conversion is very expensive but I kinda thought that channel 4 would have made the upgrade to hd by now. I have always thought that WSMV and WTVF stay pretty competitive with each other, but WTVF has a clear (no pun intended) lead right now. Anyone have some insights?

I was wondering if anyone has heard any info about 2, 4, or 17 going hd in their local news anytime soon? Channel 5 in hd looks great! I know that the conversion is very expensive but I kinda thought that channel 4 would have made the upgrade to hd by now. I have always thought that WSMV and WTVF stay pretty competitive with each other, but WTVF has a clear (no pun intended) lead right now. Anyone have some insights?

I was on WSMV's website earlier today and noticed a message saying HD coming soon. I called their newsroom and they told me that their first HD broadcast will be September 15th at 5:00 pm!