Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nashville_maestro

Now I know the future is here...

3 posts in this topic

Ok forget Lamar and those gimicky LED billboards that do nothing but blind you at night. This guy is trying to get his diode strips installed into the sides of buildings to display animated (paid) advertisments and (nonprofit) artwork that would be *drumroll* roughly 10 stories tall on one side of a particular building. They work by being attached to the facades of a building while it is under construction. "His models would shine at one-sixth the intensity of ordinary models (referring to LED billboards); adjust their brightness at different times of the day; and project slower-moving images..." Nice. They wouldn't blind you at night. Here's the article:

www.nytimes.com/2008/05/21/arts/design/21blad.html?_r=1&ref=movies&oref=slogin

Could you immagine driving along the inner loop and seeing huge ads on the side of pinnacle or signature? Or both? Amazing. Reminds me of the Sony building in shibuya square in Tokyo.

IMO. I hate the LED boards (the one on West End comes to mind) very distracting

Ok forget Lamar and those gimicky LED billboards that do nothing but blind you at night. This guy is trying to get his diode strips installed into the sides of buildings to display animated (paid) advertisments and (nonprofit) artwork that would be *drumroll* roughly 10 stories tall on one side of a particular building. They work by being attached to the facades of a building while it is under construction. "His models would shine at one-sixth the intensity of ordinary models (referring to LED billboards); adjust their brightness at different times of the day; and project slower-moving images..." Nice. They wouldn't blind you at night. Here's the article:

www.nytimes.com/2008/05/21/arts/design/21blad.html?_r=1&ref=movies&oref=slogin

Could you immagine driving along the inner loop and seeing huge ads on the side of pinnacle or signature? Or both? Amazing. Reminds me of the Sony building in shibuya square in Tokyo.