39 companies looking at a move to Nashville

smeagolsfree

A report on TV 5 says 39 companies are looking at the Nashville Metro for relocation that could bring as many as 10,000 jobs.

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=8374625

With the economy slowing, many companies will want to move to areas where the cost of doing business is low. Nashville and the entire state of TN is one of those areas. I think we may get almost half of those relocation. This will only help the office market in Nashville and may jump start some of these stalled office towers.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A report on TV 5 says 39 companies are looking at the Nashville Metro for relocation that could bring as many as 10,000 jobs.

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=8374625

With the economy slowing, many companies will want to move to areas where the cost of doing business is low. Nashville and the entire state of TN is one of those areas. I think we may get almost half of those relocation. This will only help the office market in Nashville and may jump start some of these stalled office towers.

Let me be the first to say nothing because my jaw has dropped to the floor in amazement! Even if only a third of those jobs come to the city it's incredible news! Here's to hoping that they all locate within the city and don't instead choose to pave over every acre of farmland between Brentwood and Smyrna for a new office park. ;)

Let me be the first to say nothing because my jaw has dropped to the floor in amazement! Even if only a third of those jobs come to the city it's incredible news! Here's to hoping that they all locate within the city and don't instead choose to pave over every acre of farmland between Brentwood and Smyrna for a new office park. ;)

Wow! This again shows that Nashville and Tennessee are doing a lot of things right......I mean.....wow......those numbers are staggering.

If the MTN can land a quarter of those firms and their jobs it would be a major coup for the city/region and our state.

OK ... Time for some perspective. I wasn't at the briefing but I can say that indeed there are a bunch of companies looking. There are always a bunch of companies looking at any given time. Economic development people are always very optimistic and say sure we could get all those. Reality is there maybe just 1, 2 or 3 that actually choose Nashville. There are other cities that can claim 39 companies are looking at them too because they are. For some of the companies, this is a years long process.

When they say "looking at Nashville," are some of these companies actually considering outer areas such as Franklin, Clarksville, Murf, etc...? I have heard of several big name companies (separate from VW) that are considering Clarksville. I didn't know if they were part of that list or not.

There are very few "big name" companies that would move high dollar jobs to Clarksville. If they move to Nashville they will move to Brentwood or Cool Springs or perhaps downtown. Cool Springs is at such a huge draw now it will be hard for downtown to beat it.

I understand that the Cool Springs area is a huge draw, but insinuating that Clarksville does not have a chance with most big name companies is a little bothersome to me. While we are not the white collar mecca of the Cool Springs area, there are large companies that have and are currently showing an interest in Clarksville for various reasons. We just haven't landed one yet.

• 5 weeks later...

IMO I think what they really ment to say was 39 companies looking to move to Middle Tennessee. That would probably

have been a little more accurate. Nashville it self does and will have the office space to accomidate that much growth. Maybe

one or two of those companies will contact Palmer about leasing some space in the WES depending on their relocation date.

They neeed something to help get the ball rolling in their favor.

Archived