Barbour St. Revitilization

Chessplayer

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe that the new developments you see at the southern end where the street terminates at Capen St. are the new housing development primarily targeted for grandparents raising families in the city. They actually came out looking pretty good and definately improve that corner.

The apartments (condos?) at the corner of Capen/Barbour are indeed for grandparents raising grandkids. It sounds like an odd demographic, but I've worked there before, and those places are all full. Very nice as well, like Tycoon said, it makes a huge difference on that corner.

Let's hope they get rid of Unity Plaza, that place has been a hole for years. People used to threaten us all the time when we'd work there, definitely one of the tougher places in the city.

The apartments (condos?) at the corner of Capen/Barbour are indeed for grandparents raising grandkids. It sounds like an odd demographic, but I've worked there before, and those places are all full. Very nice as well, like Tycoon said, it makes a huge difference on that corner.

Let's hope they get rid of Unity Plaza, that place has been a hole for years. People used to threaten us all the time when we'd work there, definitely one of the tougher places in the city.

Is this the strip mall development on the corner of Barbour and Charlotte/Kensington? If so I agree; it looks like an absolute POS, takes up the entire block, throws a monolithic blank wall on Martin St., and is completely suburban in design. Let's hope the new design is more enlightened.

Archived