Lexington County

BryCola

^ Good point. It really is a nice setup, isn't it. Little something for everyone. Or most everyone.

Both counties did seem to cooperate pretty well on the convention center. The political battles of the Zoo were before my time, although I went there within two weks of opening day (I was 8).

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess growing up in the country makes you see things i a totally different way. I've lived in rural, urban, and suburban settings, and they all have plusses and minuses. Given the choice, I'll go suburbs, closely followed by rural, with urban a very distant third. But that's me. Your mileage may vary.

From what I understand there are many MANY restrictions in the area of Lexington everybody talks about. All the Corley land on 378... that's all in the Town of Lexington. The town imposes many restrictions, from what I've heard.

Does anybody have any facts about this? I know the Town of Lex just put out a guidebook for businesses telling them what looks good and what dosen't. They actually included pictures of retail sites around the area. Some had a huge red "x" over them. Pissed some people off, but a good idea!

I think things in L-town will shape up nicely. Too many people care about it. Wood Reality and NAI/Avant own the retail market there. They're good people and seem to do things really well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived