Super Target in N. Macon

afcase

I have heard several rumors for "connected" professionals in Macon that Target has purchased land behind the star bucks on Bass road off 75 in North Macon. The story is they are going to open a Super Target in that location.

Wanted to see if anyone else had heard similar stories and or have any actualy facts.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have heard several rumors for "connected" professionals in Macon that Target has purchased land behind the star bucks on Bass road off 75 in North Macon. The story is they are going to open a Super Target in that location.

Wanted to see if anyone else had heard similar stories and or have any actualy facts.

I've heard the same rumors from folks (here we go!) who know people that work for Target (corporate, not local). Yep, third-party. Credible? Not to me. Despite having heard the rumor from two completely unrelated people, I agree with George. There doesn't look to be enough room behind Starbucks.

Speaking of rumors, I heard from someone at Mabel White Church that a Lowe's is going in at North Macon Towne Center. Don't think I've seen that mentioned here.

The space of land behind star bucks open bass rd. is larger enough for a target, I think there is a planned shopping center for that space any anyway, target may be apart of that development. There was talk of a super target coming to Macon but the location was not confirmed.....

Well the latest rumor I have is from a developer I know in Cobb County who is relocating to Macon because her company (Pyramid World Wide) is purcahsing the office buildings and hotel off of the I-75/Pierce Ave. Exit....she says Prada and D&G will be in Macon by years end.

Well the latest rumor I have is from a developer I know in Cobb County who is relocating to Macon because her company (Pyramid World Wide) is purcahsing the office buildings and hotel off of the I-75/Pierce Ave. Exit....she says Prada and D&G will be in Macon by years end.

She says she knows for a fact. She also says more will follow and that high end retail in Macon is closely related to the Khumos Tire Factory opening soon here. She has all kind of papers and plans supporting what she is saying so as soon as I can get coppies ill have them for you all. Im definitely excited.

I've heard the same rumors from folks (here we go!) who know people that work for Target (corporate, not local). Yep, third-party. Credible? Not to me. Despite having heard the rumor from two completely unrelated people, I agree with George. There doesn't look to be enough room behind Starbucks.

Speaking of rumors, I heard from someone at Mabel White Church that a Lowe's is going in at North Macon Towne Center. Don't think I've seen that mentioned here.

I heard the same rumor about Super Target from a real estate agent that works for Fickling (the company developing the Marketplace at Bass area) that the folks from Target had originally wanted to go in the Semblers development as mentioned above, but those plans apparently fell through and they bought land at the back of the Marketplace at Bass development. Still just a rumor but from someone who at least could know.

Lowe's, Home Depot, Kroger, et al (and I believe Target as well) have approached North Macon Towne Center - the big box development aspect is a later phase of that project - don't think Target wanted to wait around and Kroger gave way to Publix directly across the street. Would be surprised to see another Lowe's on that side of town - Home Depot would make perfect sense though!

I heard the same rumor about Super Target from a real estate agent that works for Fickling (the company developing the Marketplace at Bass area) that the folks from Target had originally wanted to go in the Semblers development as mentioned above, but those plans apparently fell through and they bought land at the back of the Marketplace at Bass development. Still just a rumor but from someone who at least could know.

Lowe's, Home Depot, Kroger, et al (and I believe Target as well) have approached North Macon Towne Center - the big box development aspect is a later phase of that project - don't think Target wanted to wait around and Kroger gave way to Publix directly across the street. Would be surprised to see another Lowe's on that side of town - Home Depot would make perfect sense though!

marketplace at bass has been on hold until at least 2010.they are clearing off land next to marketplace at bass on new forsyth rd,but it's not part of the marketplace devlopment.

A fickling rep said that home depot was going to bulid in north macon,but she didn't know where.

About two months ago I spoke to a Manager at Home Depot in South Macon who told me they are planning to open a store over by the Bass Proshop. Also I recently spoke to the Manager at the Chick Fila on Zebulon who said they have applied for placement of a store on Bass road East of 75. He said it usually takes about 14-16months once approved to completion.

I would love to get someone in the "know" for more details about the possible Super Target. That would be major upgrade for the North Macon.

Thanks!

Archived