Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

walker

Clyde Park and 44th

8 posts in this topic

Driving by Clyde Park and 44th, I notice that the old Value City discount store and adjacent empty supermarket are being demolished. In fact this morning they are almost gone. It even looks like the asphalt parking lot is being torn up and hauled away. Maybe with the high oil costs, the asphalt can be burned as fuel. Anybody know what the plans are for the future of this property? I

Probally will sit vacant for a couple of years. The Interchange of 44th and 131 is getting rebuilt next year i think. Hence I do not think anybody wants to run in the red the first 3 years. So its best to just kill the buildings and reduce the tax load at the same time after the interchange gets done build a nice strip mall that makes sense along with a possible housing. I like to see a PUD like the one at Mid Towne but I doubt we will see something like that there.

It's a perfect spot for a Super Walmart - freeway access, visible, near moderate income households and across from a mobile home park.

Anyone remember Rollerworld? It was in between the Kroger store and Midwest Fashions. Went roller skating there for the first time in 1977.

Anyone remember Rollerworld? It was in between the Kroger store and Midwest Fashions. Went roller skating there for the first time in 1977.

It's a perfect spot for a Super Walmart - freeway access, visible, near moderate income households and across from a mobile home park.

BTW the advance for the Southwest region had a small article about the demo. I guess the group or person that bought the property last year wants to sell it as a clean slate instead of with these older commerical buildings on them. He plans on putting it on market pretty fast from what I read. Just thought I give an update. Looking at the parcel data, its a group out of New York State that owns it. Its taxable value was close to 1.4 million. So given the limited knowledge I have I think if it sells for less than 3 million the group will be losing money on it. But I think they may not be able to get it sold immediatly since the construction on 44th is going to take some time.

BTW the advance for the Southwest region had a small article about the demo. I guess the group or person that bought the property last year wants to sell it as a clean slate instead of with these older commerical buildings on them. He plans on putting it on market pretty fast from what I read. Just thought I give an update. Looking at the parcel data, its a group out of New York State that owns it. Its taxable value was close to 1.4 million. So given the limited knowledge I have I think if it sells for less than 3 million the group will be losing money on it. But I think they may not be able to get it sold immediatly since the construction on 44th is going to take some time.