atlrvr

Armchair Developer/Planner

30 minutes ago, DMann said:

Anyone else know about The West Side Market in Cleveland?  It is a really great place to shop for food.

Its the absolutely best. Pierogies there are amazing. When I moved to NYC 10 years ago I came thinking thered be something similar to West Side Market. There isn't. I was stunned. Essex Market is the closest but even it is nothing like West Side Market. I would love for this building to be something like that, but with my idea for a mezzanine and spots for vendors on the mezz as well.

So right.  The building itself is similar to a cathedral.  There is also an outstanding marketplace in Vancouver, Granville Island, and of course, Pikes Market in Amazon's home town

29 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Its the absolutely best. Pierogies there are amazing. When I moved to NYC 10 years ago I came thinking thered be something similar to West Side Market. There isn't. I was stunned. Essex Market is the closest but even it is nothing like West Side Market. I would love for this building to be something like that, but with my idea for a mezzanine and spots for vendors on the mezz as well.

http://westsidemarket.org/vendors/

27 minutes ago, Hunted said:

2 - The radio tower lot next to 7th St. Station - Aside from the radio tower being a total eyesore, this lot could help make the light rail corridor look a hell of a lot better as well as fill in the spareness of the north side.

I know you disagree but not everyone hates that radio tower.  Some view it as a historical part of Charlotte (like some of the buildings that were demolished and the JFG Coffee sign, which I still really miss):

image.jpeg.5435e0c53e5485d759b3a556b61bfb44.jpeg

We don't have to agree but I don't think it's an eyesore.  I would like them to light it up though...

• Like 2