Spectrum Downtown Fire

numstead

Couple of questions

Anyone from Channel 8 trained in being first responders? If not they should be because they seem to make it to scenes before everyone else!

Also is it just me or does the Grand Rapids area seem to make it into National news about every 2-3 weeks for one reason or another?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Couple of questions

Anyone from Channel 8 trained in being first responders? If not they should be because they seem to make it to scenes before everyone else!

Also is it just me or does the Grand Rapids area seem to make it into National news about every 2-3 weeks for one reason or another?

??? I typed nothing about terrorists. And I can't make that last sentence parse.

Rubbernecking chopper pilot

"Those antennas were the cause of the crash? Let's see them up close. Whoops!"

Disrespectful to EMS treatment of victim

Disrespectful to family of victim

Fanning the flames of an active fire is not a good idea

Flying through thick black smoke, also not a good idea

YMMV, HTH

They've drilled for all kinds of disasters at Spectrum Health, but not the real one that happened Thursday when a helicopter crashed on the hospital's roof.

Still, Spectrum officials said all that practice paid off when its disaster plan went into effect...

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2008/05/offi...aid_off_in.html

This guy will calm down soon:

But Steve Keaton, whose 3-week-old daughter, Jenelle, is being treated at Butterworth's neonatal unit after being born premature at 33 weeks, was incensed that the helicopter pilot was practicing maneuvers on the roof.

"There is no excuse or reason to do that up there," Keaton said. "It's ridiculous. Find an open football field or somewhere where lives aren't at risk. Every night you hear it, and every night you think about 'what if.'"

. . . i saw 2 black Lincolns with flashing lights on the dash speed down the highway there. my first thought was some minor terrorist attack and and the cars may have been homeland security. maybe, you have to rule out everything.

"Martinez, who retires Monday..." he can portray himself in the made for TV movie.

Read the part about the patients in the fieldhouse. These folks really had their act together.

..."We told the hospital people to tell us what they wanted and needed and we would make it happen," VanderVeen said.

College crews pulled trash bins, installed fresh plastic liners and attached to each handle red plastic trash bags with the biohazard warning printed on the sides. Pool life guards, all GRCC students, fetched towels, water and whatever else was needed.

Then long tables were set up to hold stacks of medical equipment and baby formula, and a check-in station was erected by the door closest to the elevators. ...

Archived